90mm Radix Alterations

BigTex

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been drooling over this post here, and the one over at another site on the same topic. I have a question for Bryan or anyone else that has looked into/done this. It has been said either on this site or another that the intake before the TB is getting to be the bottle neck now. This leads me to believe the 75mm MAF more than the 4" tube of the intake from the air filter is the culpret. Has anyone checked into using a different GM MAF like the GTO or other GM MAF?

:withstupid:

makes sense to me. espically since there is a screen in there????

so what hp is the fully done-up radix?? and will these additional changes bump you up to what HP???

I enjoy following you guys into uncharted areas :driving:

I've been drooling over this post here, and the one over at another site on the same topic. I have a question for Bryan or anyone else that has looked into/done this. It has been said either on this site or another that the intake before the TB is getting to be the bottle neck now. This leads me to believe the 75mm MAF more than the 4" tube of the intake from the air filter is the culpret. Has anyone checked into using a different GM MAF like the GTO or other GM MAF?

the next upgrade is either speed density or dual maf's.

Does anyone know if we have to use the LS2 throttle body off the SSR (is there a part#), or can we use any LS2 90mm TB, and do all the 90mm TB have the same mounting bolt pattern ??

The one I have is from a LS2 corvette. Not sure if the part numbers are the same or not. I posted the part #s in the 402 thread.

Stock MAF is 85mm. Same MAF on the vette and GTO, although some come screenless.

Basically removing the MAF with custom tuning (speed density) is the best option. Forget about running 2 MAFs.

Another (costly) option is to contact a company called PRO-M and have a custom MAF built to your size and flow range needs.

the "give-a-way" diff. between the vette TB and the truck TB is the motor's housing... the truck TB's motor housing looks "somewhat" like the previous TBs... the vette one however... has more of a sleek less-eye-sore housing to it... other than that, very very fine/minoute differences between the two... including price. the bolt pattern isnt all that diff either (slightly)

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to add another reply to this:

I finished my truck last week. Well, at least its running. It never seems to be 'finished'. :)

The 90mm TB works just fine. I haven't spent much time messing with it since I got it running, but I'm pleased so far. It was far less tuning trouble than I expected. I had no idle issues at all.

In fact, its better than before. I hoped idle would get a little better because I changed to a little less cam when I installed my new TEA heads. Regardless, I was able to put all my idle, airflow, and timing PCM settings back to stock and only raise idle to 650. I was amazed. Before I had idle at 800 with extra airflow tweeks, timing and fueling changes just to make it civil at idle. Now its purring like a kitten (a really large lung'd kitten) and idle is better than before.

I meant to add another reply to this:

I finished my truck last week.  Well, at least its running.  It never seems to be 'finished'. :)

The 90mm TB works just fine.    I haven't spent much time messing with it since I got it running, but I'm pleased so far.  It was far less tuning trouble than I expected.  I had no idle issues at all. 

In fact, its better than before.  I hoped idle would get a little better because I changed to a little less cam when I installed my new TEA heads.  Regardless, I was able to put all my idle, airflow, and timing PCM settings back to stock and only raise idle to 650.  I was amazed.  Before I had idle at 800 with extra airflow tweeks, timing and fueling changes just to make it civil at idle.  Now its purring like a kitten (a really large lung'd kitten) and idle is better than before.

good news :cheers:

I know you stated you were going too, did you figure out how to wire it without needing the TAC module?

I know you stated you were going too, did you figure out how to wire it without needing the TAC module?

Yes, but I ended up buying a TAC anyway. I configured it to only use one throttle body sensor. I manually wired it in and found out that I could make it work. When I was testing it out, I had to back the truck out of the garage while trying not to hit my wifes car. The thought crossed my mind that I'd never be able to stop it if it malfunctioned and went WOT on me. At that point, my better judgement won over and I bought a TAC for reliablilty.

<---soo confused... :nonod:

i understand the entire process making the TB fit BUT what is a TAC...

must I use it on my '03? or can I tune it out... what the hell am I talking about? :dunno:

~Brian

<---soo confused... :nonod:

i understand the entire process making the TB fit BUT what is a TAC...

must I use it on my '03? or can I tune it out... what the hell am I talking about?  :dunno:

~Brian

in order to run the new LS2 90mm Corvette/SSR TB you'll need this TAC module to control it:

DSCN0901.jpg

The LS2 90mm Corvette TB is the better of the two:

DSCN0893.jpg

and the wiring harness you'll need to connect the stock TB wiring harness to the LS2 90mm TB:

DSCN0807.jpg

after you have the parts, you'll need to fabricate a way to mount the 90mm LS2 TB, similar to this:

DSCF0995.jpg

DSCF1010.jpg

or this:

http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/index.ph...ndpost&p=244199

obviously, your setup would be different because of the M90 arrangement

hope that helps you out some :thumbs:

Archived