Need Help with radix

I just installed the radix and used the programmer. Now the ABS light keeps flashinging, the security light flashes, the gauges periodically drop to zero.... I went back to stock programming and then reloaded the tuning. I'm still having the problem. I went back to stock programming and the problem is still there. Anyone else run into this? I'm worried that the stock programming is now corrupt because something is wrong with the tuner.

I had a check engine light come on with mine, but that was due to the installer forgetting to plug the boost gauge hole on the manifold. I have since added a boost gauge, but originally I didn't have one.

by the sounds of it they gave you a program for an 02'.

Zippy what makes you think that? :confused: The 03's have a completely different computer and I'd think you would have bigger issues than he stated with a 02 flash in a 03 computer.

Check all your connections first on everything, then if you have a scan tool see if your setting in codes or have any codes pending. This might help you track down the source of the problem. You should have all the DTC (Code Issues Resolved) prior to trying to program with their tool.

Good Luck

the 03' is wired considerably different with all the module's communicating somewhat through each other. if a program is installed to not allow communication of the modules, you're going to have many issue's like this. kinda difficult to explain, but most certainly it will not like it.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem was fixed a couple days ago. I just wanted to make sure no problems came back. The truck was taken to a local automotive performance engineering group (close friends of ours) and they worked their magic and fixed it. They are pretty closed lipped about the fix. The problem dealt with a "global" reset causing all modules to relink. During this time, the accessories were going haywire (gauges dropping, heater misbeahving, mirrors dropping, etc.). Our problem was not typical of the MagnaCharger kit!

MagnaCharger was extremely reponsive and I still trust their product. For your info, I write for Chevy High Perfromance magazine and we are doing a before and after radix supercharger article. We have before track and dyno results. In about 2 weeks we will have after dyno and track time results.

I would like to do a follow up article (not approved yet) showing the before and after track and dyno results for an air box mod, electric fans, and new exhaust (each one individually tested).

If you have any other thoughts let me know and I'll see if I can make it happen.

i personally would really like to see an article with a silverado build-up. they relate to one of the largest selling vehicles out there and unlike the sport truck type magazine's i'd like to see one going faster more than going lower and shinier. any build-up on one since it's a gen III engine would relate one way or another almost all rwd v8 gm. not sure if you've picked the exhaust or not, we recently installed a corsa cat back on our 04' (rcsb 2wd) and it not only fits excellent and looks great, but is quiet inside the truck and outside sounds really similar to an LS1 equipped f-body. i'm considering having it dyno'd soon or the new one we have coming in. please post any of your results also and glad to see an insider in here.

I just installed the radix and used the programmer.  Now the ABS light keeps flashinging, the security light flashes, the gauges periodically drop to zero....  I went back to stock programming and then reloaded the tuning.  I'm still having the problem.  I went back to stock programming and the problem is still there.  Anyone else run into this?  I'm worried that the stock programming is now corrupt because something is wrong with the tuner.
The problem was fixed a couple days ago. I just wanted to make sure no problems came back. The truck was taken to a local automotive performance engineering group (close friends of ours) and they worked their magic and fixed it. They are pretty closed lipped about the fix. The problem dealt with a "global" reset causing all modules to relink. During this time, the accessories were going haywire (gauges dropping, heater misbeahving, mirrors dropping, etc.). Our problem was not typical of the MagnaCharger kit!

Why wouldn't they tell you what the fix was :wtf: Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. You work for a Car Rag and the guys who fixed it are "closed lipped"? By the sounds of it you just needed a PCM reflash or you had a wiring problem. Perhaps it was fixed using some type of perfomance magic :jester:

If your going to share your problems you should post the solution IMHO. :seeya:

I think you'll enjoy the Radix..

Archived