5.7 help

2006LS2TB

I have a 91 chevy 3500 with a 350 in it. I rebuilt the motor last year, with no major problems. Now, there's something holding the engine back and I can't figure out what it is. It's like it doesn't want to rev past 2500 rpm's. It will but it doesn't like it. It's a stock rebuild except for headers and K and N filter. I've tried everything I know to try, including retarding the timing. Any suggestions.

Is it sluggish to 2500, or makes good power down low and then tops-out at 2500?  And does it miss or run smooth?

Runs good down low and runs smooth. Even when I try to go past 2500 rpm its still smooth just doesn't want to rev. Kinda like its not getting enough air or something.

:dunno: Either that or it's way low on power (running super lean or rich?) Try a quick drive around the block without the air cleaner and mufflers. OHHHHHH hey I just got an idea, maybe plugged catalytic converter?

Mr. P. :)

Check to make sure you are getting a good vaccum to the map sensor, I've seen the T/B ports get clogged with carbon. Check fuel pressure like they said before, it should be between 9-13psi, I have also seen the short peice of hose that connects the fuel pump to the sender in the tank go bad and cause a low fuel pressure concern. With out any scan tool data it's a little difficult to diagnose, it could be alot of things, this isjust some of the more common things I have seen on those trucks with that type of concern. Hope this helps :thumbs:

• 8 months later...

Archived