Next Project

zippy

do you have complete control over what goes?

Not quite, but all of the conversion projects are 100% my decision. Any of the cool stuff on our lot though is all ordered by me. My mods all have to be something that we as the dealership can warrenty for 3/36. I have considered doing a regular cab SS conversion. I have thought about doing a duramax truck, but with the latest problems GM has been having with duramax trucks and power upgrade kits, they'd have a fit if we had one on the lot with a modification other than Corsa exhaust. I'm thinking about doing a Vortec max with the new extended cab and 4.5" box. I've also considered doing a extended cab with the GM 20's and the BF Goodrich All Terrains. Part of the idea here is to use as many GM accessories as possible since they are all under warrenty by gm. The only thing on that last truck that wasn't GM was the Hankook tires and the Carriage Works billet grill insert. The last truck had $4200 in add on's at cost. The funny part is it was bought by a woman who cam in and bought a Colorado for herself. While she was there her son saw the truck and loved it. The first time he heard it run with the Corsa sport on it he was all excited and she decided to buy it for him. He is 15 and is 3 months from being 16...

... I have considered doing a regular cab SS conversion. ...

What would be involved in that zippy? Drivetrain changes, or body styling? or a little of both?

Mr. P. :)

edit - the Vortec Max idea is not bad either, your boss would certainly green-light that

... I have considered doing a regular cab SS conversion. ...

What would be involved in that zippy? Drivetrain changes, or body styling? or a little of both?

Mr. P. :)

edit - the Vortec Max idea is not bad either, your boss would certainly green-light that

A regular cab SS copy for me would simply be apperance. I would do the cluster, leather seat covers, head rests, body cladding, badging, etc. It would be with a 5.3L though since doing an engine swap would require getting the truck re-certified for emissions.

Unfortunatly we don't get any GMC's here, I'd like to do a Denali for sure. Lowering a truck is something we've considered, but it's going to take some testing with a kit to make sure that there is no chance of it bottoming out, rubbing, causing vibrations, etc. We would also have to test payload and towing abilty for liability. If you build a truck like that, many customers are going to be smart enough to know the difference. with a 4" drop you can't load the bed of the truck with camping gear and still hook up the 30' trailer, but someone would try it if you didn't tell them not too... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Archived