My suspicions are confirmed

Bowtie70SS

:chevy: It's up to the shipper to have all the insurance on the package,not you OK?I'm suprised UPS even gave it to you.You can see the UPS retape job on that box (it's the reason it wasn't delivered with the other package).I would have refused it and it would have just went back to the shipper and you could have had Maguson see it first hand after a phone call warning them. But then again you might not have had a chance to sign for it if they just dropped it off and ran  :icon_bs:

indibuck is right you are not going to be able to do anything the shipper has total control of this i work for ups. i can tell just from the packaging that that box has deff been used more than one time did you get this directly from magnuson because a company like them i would hope they would not use such a cheap box to send out a $5k s/c. i will tell you right now the people you bought it from should send you a new s/c and they will be the ones dealling with ups not you. not only that they will not get there money from ups unless it was totally insured because ups will tell the people shipping it to you that it was insufficient packaging.

:chevy: It's up to the shipper to have all the insurance on the package,not you OK?I'm suprised UPS even gave it to you.You can see the UPS retape job on that box (it's the reason it wasn't delivered with the other package).I would have refused it and it would have just went back to the shipper and you could have had Maguson see it first hand after a phone call warning them. But then again you might not have had a chance to sign for it if they just dropped it off and ran  :icon_bs:

indibuck is right you are not going to be able to do anything the shipper has total control of this i work for ups. i can tell just from the packaging that that box has deff been used more than one time did you get this directly from magnuson because a company like them i would hope they would not use such a cheap box to send out a $5k s/c. i will tell you right now the people you bought it from should send you a new s/c and they will be the ones dealling with ups not you. not only that they will not get there money from ups unless it was totally insured because ups will tell the people shipping it to you that it was insufficient packaging.

I just want to make sure guys in magna's defense I am pretty darn sure that is defintely not magna packaging! :pop:

i doubt that is their packaging either i just get sick of hearing people bash ups when 99% of the time ups is just the middleman that catches all the heat because the people shipping out packages the look like that to start just to get it out of there warehouse and then blame it on ups for it being damaged. everyday i get people pissed of at me because i refuse to accept their boxes because they look like that. when usually all they are trying to do is scam the system by sending out a damaged item then trying to claim ups broke it just so they can get some free money.

I bought the supercharger used. UPS only had to bring it from NC to Ohio. I have never used a "new" box to ship anything, and the box it was in came in was a "GM" box. The radix came from a Chevy dealer, and I actually have a Joe Gibbs installation manual. I thought that was pretty cool. The UPS guy did drop it off and run, as I would have never accepted it. It is insured by the shipper and he is being pretty cool about it so far. According to the guy who shipped it the supercharger was unable to move when packaged. I think UPS opened it or dropped it at least...looks like Fedex or USPS from now on. I hope this crap works out or I'll end up pulling my hair out. I did get my ASM's installed last weekend and I was chomping at the bit to put the supercharger on this weekend. Hell Brian was sending out my PCM today with the radix tune. DAMNIT!!

Dave

IMO stick with my suggestion.... this "could" work out to your benefit.... if at least... its something you can think aboot that isnt exactly a negative, ya know? I believe my Radix unit was shipped from magna via Fed Ex... if i can remember correctly. Its a good thing you took pics of the un-opened package & the aftermath aswell... being that it came from a dealer i would assume it was properly packaged prior to shipment (they-ve shipped things before)

good luck with that....

UPS blows! i cringe everytime i hear that UPS is sending something to my house. for one they always get thier at wierd ass hours. when i orderd my corsa lo and behold it comes in GM packaging, and it is all torn to hell. of course there was no UPS guy to be found just a 8 foot cardbord playpen with metal sticking out i was pretty pisst but its a exhaust however that radix probelm is just unacceptable, if that ball doesnt move faster contact the better business bureau and get a attorney (hopefully one you know) to write them a letter (to scare them) that will get things done!

Archived