High School Reunion

well i don't know shit about reunions...

the 5 year came and passed WITHOUT actually happening because there wasn't enough class involvement... they needed 1/2 of the class to RSVP to actually begin to plan one.

I RSVP'd but apparently they didnt get enough involvment to go through with a 5 year! :uhoh:

we'll see here in 3 years when the 10 year comes up...

I didn't go to college except for automotive paint & body and I dropped out of that because I needed to figure out how to support a newborn baby... shit I was 17 when my son's mother got pregnant! :eek:

so there ya go...it sounds like YOUR happy and thats what matters...

I know I'm happy and I'm not a doctor nor did I touch a book in college! So they can fawk themselves... :thumbs:

my 2 penny's

~Brian

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually come to think of it...

I have my own reunion every year on new years! :jester::lol:

normally 100+ people...this last year was not that big though! :dunno:

people finally growing up some i guess

:confused::confused::confused: You have some amazing stories. Kinda fun to read at times. From what I understand here you graduated a year early then? Are you even 27 yet?

I also wonder, on September 16, 2005 you said you'd been out of high school for 5 years. Which is it?

Don't fret about 5 or 10 year reunions.

That's really not enough time to see many wholesale changes for people to go through in life. Nobody has reached 30 yet. Better to wait until the 20-25 year reunion. Most people will have experienced a whole different range of challenges by the time they get to their late 30-40s. Jocks lose their hair and cheerleaders get fat too  :devil:... or both

I had more fun at my 25th  reunion than any of the earlier ones for a lot of the same reasons you posted about how people changed or HAD NOT changed. People seem to become more accepting as they grow older of people that they don't see very often. HUMBLE maybe  :dunno:. Life does have a way of doing that  ;)

My reunion was particularly fun for me because nobody recognized me when I got there. I had not changed that much, weight, hair or otherwise, I do have a beard now, but a lot of people did not recognize me. The looks were priceless when they did remember.  I'll go again this year for the 32nd ( they can't count to 5  :dunno: ).

Again,sage advice from Mr P.  :cool:

Don't be too hard on yourself, time will equal things out  :cheers:

Besides you'll be remembered for pissing on the carpet  :thumbs:

I went to my 20 year last summer, and most everyone had settled down since HS. 20 years of life can change some people for the good. Some cheerleaders got fat, some still looked good. Time has a way of humbling most cocky people. I had a good time for the most part.

High School Reunions.....  I personally think they are BS.  I've been out of HS for about 16 years now, and have never looked back.  You say that you never see some of your friends from school. But hey, people grow up, people change.... Time marches on.  If they were good enough friends to begin with, you would still be in contact with them today.  As I say, you can count all of your true friends on one hand.... The rest are just acquaintances.

Being a Police Officer in my home town, I see all of the A$$ Clowns I went to school with every Thanksgiving, when everyone comes home.  Hell, It is soooooo funny that they are all "My Best Friend" now that I am a Cop, on duty, and not hanging out at the bar ... if you catch my drift....  I just distance myself from people like that.....

Keep your chin up .... Don't get depressed ...  BTW ... I too didn't finish college.  Infact I am still quite a few credits shy of getting my degree.  But hey, I have a great job, make an honest living, and now I have started back to school.  Yeah it's tough.... College, Midnight Shifts, Wife, puppies, sleep.... It all adds up to Chaos...  But hell, If I can do it, you can too.....  You will do it when your ready.

just a question.......did you get picked on a lot growing up?? I've always wondered that about the majority of police officers I see.

• 1 year later...

Damn Zippy I thought I was the only one who was about to question his age because I just read the other thread you brought up. Either shit just follows him around or he is just full of it. Something just isn't right is it?

Archived