look at this CAI

Firestorm

im so undecided, i still have the k&n drop in from over 2 years ago when oi got my truck......never taken out of the packaging.

i only have corsa sport and pcmforless, so maybe its enuf.

wifes liking the sound of superchargers lately, so maybe ill get the almighty blessing soon! the common brand around these parts is a Magnuson charger.

I only know of one fellow who has this brand on his gmc 2500.

If I wanted rice I would have bought Sushi, not a Silverado. Damn.

Go get an Outlaw Power (about $260) or Banks (about $360) intake if it is out yet.

TByrne, a sponsor here, sells Outlaw Power, www.tbyrnemotorsports.com

Best of Luck!

My K&N Intake is in the mail 195 shipped off ebay, says its good for like 15 hp and 1.5 mpg improvement which is what i really bought it for. tell me if you want me to tell you about it after i installed it. It is my first engine mod so all you supercharged guys are going down.... tear.....

• 4 months later...

For what its worth........a K&N Tech Support guy told me to stay away from the "aluminum" tube CAI's if it is performance improvement I was looking for! I was considering the 77 series and he suggested I go with their 63 series for the highest HP gains. He claimed the plastic runs cooler than the aluminum, makes sense to me, so I decided to stay away from anything "aluminum"! He also said the aluminum tubes typically make more noise than the plastic.

I know a lot of "ricers" run Injen & AEM aluminum CAI's but I think they go for the "BLING" & "SOUND" and don't think about the thermo dynamics! Injen makes good stuff, had one of their units on a Subaru RS 2.5 AWD and it had an awesome sound, not sure it was boosting performance all that much?!?!

I got my intake off ebay its made by MAC or kennedy off road. Its Chrome and has a blue reusable filter. IT looks awesome it claims 18hp 3 more than K&N. And i belive it too. It cost me 202$ to my front door.

my vote is for volant.. not only doe's it fit like a factory unit, but it looks great IMO,

sound's awesome, and it was dyno tested in truckin magazine to make 18hp on the dyno :thumbs: (5.3 cc silverado).

now i'm not saying i did'nt look into others.. i research everything before i buy it :) and my only other contender was the outlaw (also cheaper) but it did'nt look very good once installed :puke: so to me it was worth the little extra for the better looking intake that performs just as good as the other.

For what its worth........a K&N Tech Support guy told me to stay away from the "aluminum" tube CAI's if it is performance improvement I was looking for!  I was considering the 77 series and he suggested I go with their 63 series for the highest HP gains.  He claimed the plastic runs cooler than the aluminum, makes sense to me, so I decided to stay away from anything "aluminum"!  He also said the aluminum tubes typically make more noise than the plastic.

Thats the same reason I chose the plastic 63 series over the 77 series also. Seems to run better and been averaging +.4 mpg increase too.

84132.jpg

Archived