0-60 Run and "Dyno" Recorded with EFILive

SinisterSS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't collecting the same data, so I couldn't use your spreadsheet. Here is a quick hack with my data. This run was done with a power brake (notice the 2000 rpm launch). I also get the rather long looking shift time as well. I think the Corvette servo will help this situation.

0-60-19a.GIF

SinisterSS- I finally got around to setting my data up right in your spreadsheet.

You can sure see where the 1-2 shift is taking a real long time.

I wonder how accurate that torque reading from the computer is? Probably best used to compare to other runs than use as an actual figure.

0-60.GIF

hp-tq.GIF

I plan to take the PC to the track on Saturday. Need to find a way to strap it to the passenger seat so nobody will complain about it.

Yes, I agree, the HP seems a bit high. I was thinking it was more like 470HP rather than the 500HP that came out of the spreadsheet. Gotta do the dyno one of these days.

I do have a slightly smaller pulley than the Radix is supposed to come with. It gives about 7 lbs of boost rather than the 5-6 lbs it should have. Not a radical difference.

By the way, I noticed on my 0-60 time calculation, there is a measure of uncertainty on the exact time. The time steps that EFILive is using are a bit coarse (about a tenth of a second per step). I suppose cutting down on the number of PIDs being monitored would help.

At worst the 0-60 time is 5.858 at best it is 5.618. .24 second difference. Splitting the difference, that is a 0-60 of 5.738

I figure the shift from 1-2 is taking about 3/4 of a second!!!! There has got to be some room for improvment here. That Corvette servo is starting to sound real good.

Since I didn't get my EFI Live till after the supercharger, I found it interesting to compare our 0-60 data.

Spark advance (guesstimate average of degrees BTDC)

Me = 10

SSS = 21

I am retarded by 11 degrees (quiet in the peanut gallery :jester: )

Intake Air Temp start-finish (degrees F)

Me=117-133

SSS=118-113

I heat up, you cool down? I am suprised to see the stock intake temps are so high.

MAF (peak, in Lbs/min)

Me=50

SSS=32

I flow more air, no suprise here :D

AFR (guesstimate average)

Me=11.5

SSS=12.2

My tuning for the supercharger runs richer.

1-2 Shift RPM

Me=5700

SSS=5473

My shift point seems to have been moved higher.

Knock degrees (max in degrees BTDC of retard)

Me=.53

SSS=.26

Early in the run we both seem some knock detected and corrected.

Here is a link to my EFI data file if you want to load it up and check it out.

EFILiveV5_0023-0-60a.efi

The high air intake temps on my stock setup surprised me as well. Also noticed the same thing on my Z28, it's about 30 degrees above ambient.

I'm going to make a few more baseline runs this weekend to benchmark from and then will try things like bypassing the throttle body coolant lines, recording some runs and see how they compare. A friend of mine that I race against is a GM test engineer at the proving grounds, he's got a couple ideas to help the performance and EFILive is a great tool for comparing instead of using the buttometer. ;)

This thread won't be dead for awhile, this stuff is too cool! :cheers:

I am retarded by 11 degrees (quiet in the peanut gallery  )

I wasn't aware that there were different levels of retardation. Are you an 11 on a scale of 10? :jester:

Couldn't let that one go by without something. :D

Honestly, I thought Lee would beat you to this one :jester: But the computer does not lie... I am more retarded than SinisterSS :jester::withstupid:

Damn. I can't believe I missed this opportunity to get one in on Brother Dave. My day is shot now. I might as well go back to bed. :confused:

That said, I'm AM thrilled, however, that he finally admitted what we have all known for months now. I hate the word retarded, though, don't you? Lets just say he is "challenged in virtually every other aspect of life known to man."

That's much kinder, don't you think. :jester:

Archived