0-60 Run and "Dyno" Recorded with EFILive

SinisterSS

"challenged in virtually every other aspect of life known to man."

Gee, that sounds like an important title. I like it :D I am honored by this presentation, I am suprised and completely speechless... however I do have some prepared notes... :pop:

By the way, I noticed something else interesting when collecting data with EFILive. I saw the Engine Coolant Temperature change from 193 - 203 and the dash gauge did not move a bit!!! On another occaision (hot day) EFILive was showing me 230, but the gauge was just barely above it's normal position and showing 210. So don't put too much stock in those factory gauges. :smash:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed something else while sifting through my data. On a couple of runs I did a power brake start. on the first such run, while I was holding the brake, the knock retard jumped to 2.64 degrees. I had gone down to 1.93 by the time I started moving and never got below 1 degree in the entire run to 60 mph. On another run I did a power brake and got as much as 3.78 degrees of knock retard. Granted these were all later runs, after the engine was hotter from the previous activity. But I did drive around a bit to cool down between runs and was watching the Engine Coolant Temp to make sure it was back to "normal" before doing another run.

Thanks for all the info people! A few questions. If I have done my homework, (please correct my thoughts)

1.The EFI live program allows you to log info from most of the sensors going into the computer.

2. You can make temporary changes to things like timeing, injector pulse, exct....

3. any thing else you like to use it for?

4. Can you use it on more that one vehicle?

Thanks!

Chad

1.The EFI live program allows you to log info from most of the sensors going into the computer.

Yup

2. You can make temporary changes to things like timeing, injector pulse, exct....

I have not messed with this yet, but I recall reading that in the manual.

3. any thing else you like to use it for?

Not that I know of

4. Can you use it on more that one vehicle?

Yes, the copy protection is in the cable. You can even install it on more than one PC and use it to analyze your data (ie collect data on a laptop, but play with the data on another PC), but to collect the data you need the cable.

Archived