0-60 Run and "Dyno" Recorded with EFILive

SinisterSS

Here's some data I plotted tonight after capturing a 0-60 run. Did it in about 7.3 seconds.

This is by no means the best my SS can do as this was just data that I happened to collect screwing around with my new EFILiveV5pro software I got today. Also used the directional controls to drop the idle speed temporarily to 300 rpm just for fun. :D

Here's the Excel spreadsheet file if you're interested.....SS Spreadsheet

Obviously have some more exploring and playing around to do with this new toy. :thumbs:

sinisterss_hd01.jpg

sinisterss_hd02.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work Sinister. :cheers: By the looks of your first graph, I think the SS could definately use a performance chip to firm up the shift point in between 1st and 2nd gear. The HP and TQ numbers drop off greatly during the 1 to 2 shift for a full second before they pick back up.

SinisterSS,

I think (not sure though) that the delivered torque isn't at the wheels. I think it is based on air flow, target A/F, BSFC, and maybe some other stuff. For the F-body LS1's this number wasn't to accurate, but repeatable. I think this is a good way to determine losses or gains.

We saw the same dip in HP at 5000 RPM with our dynos of a stock SS. We had some knock, but it looks like you didn't.

Yep, it's probably not a accurate reading of the rear wheel hp/torque but I agree should give a repeatable baseline for any mods I do in the future. Looking into it further, the LS1 parameter is specified as engine torque (flywheel).

Mine did have some knock. If you download the spreadsheet, in the 1st gear rpm climb you can see there's 0.26 degrees of knock at 3538 rpm which drops to 0.09 degrees of knock at 4698. After the second gear shift, no knock is detected through that same rpm range.

Is that a significant amount? Still a rookie at all this data logging and interpeting it. The ambient temperature was about 74 degrees and I'm running Mobil Supreme 93 octane.

On the spreadsheet, one interesting thing that one can see is that the intake air temp is 30 deg F above ambient....curious if a CAI would help and if it'd dial in a bit more timing due to the cooler air charge.

Thanks for the feedback and if anyone wants to see more data, I can oblidge!

:cheers:

This weekend using EFILive's temporary PCM control, I'm going to try leaning out the A:F at WOT to 13.3:1 and see what happens to the 0-60 and 0-Top End (oh my!)

Still looking for some input on the spark advance, come on you gear heads, remember using a 9/16" wrench and turning the distributor? Help me out!

Archived