5th wheels

Firestorm

http://www.pullrite.com/superglide_16.htm

this should fix that issue. costly, but it automatically slides during turning to give the trailer 14 inches more, so you can do a 90 degree turn.

ive thought about the hitch as an important part, and looked at this site a year ago.

i have a class1 tractor trailers licence, and stopping to slide the 5th wheel is a drag. (sometimes you need to do it to get proper axle weight, and doing so may cause the reefer to hit the headache rack in a tight backup turn.)

i assumed id have similar issues here. thank you all for the input.

As far as I'm aware, the issue with the 20's and towing is and issue of not enough sidewall. They have a great load rating and and can run with heavy loads for long distances as far as that goes, but the problem comes in if you go over large bumps or something such as a rough railroad crossing with the trailer attached. There is a good chance of bending the wheels if this occurs. The length of the bed has nothing to do with it, they have listings for short box trucks towing 5th wheels. As for the trans, it's by far no 3/4 ton trans.

zippy, i have a question, since your the resident tranny expert,

the 4L65E is in our trucks, and gm advertises this same transmission model in 3/4 ton. now you stated that its NOT the same. i belive you; are there more clutches in the other? what makes it different. i know the optional allison comes with the diesels.

according to chevrolet.ca, the 06 ss doesnt come in awd.

i need awd for winter, or my wife will crash more....

anone know if 07 will have awd again in canada? if not ill keep mine and not haul with it, ill buy a POS ford to beat on :driving:

The 2500 series trucks come with a 4L80E which is overall a different design and built much stronger. As for the AWD, I wouldn't expect them to do that again at all. I'd recomend looking into a Vortec Max.

it says in the manual not to tow 5th wheels or goose necks because of the 6ft bed. It saves their butt when some one dont know how to drive or dont have a sliding hitch and crushes the back of the cab.

Archived