McGoofy's Vs. Belltech- Which One To Get?

Hey Guys,

I'm looking into dropping my truck after I get my new rims on, what are the differences on the complete kits for the mcgoofy's and belltech's kits. so far i know is-

Belltech Complete Kit-

1. 2" Front Torsion Keys

2. 2" Rear Shackles

3. Front & Rear Nitro-Active Drop Shocks Lifetime Warranty

Price- $389.95 Each (stylinconcepts.com)

McGoofy's Deluxe Lit, part #SS2D

1. Spindles

2. Shackles

3. Hangers

Price- Not sure on the price?

McGoofy's is a 2/3.5 drop, and Belltech is a 2/2 drop. Are there differences in workmanship and how do they compare on the install.

I was searchin' around and some said to have gotten some vibration from both kits, but can be solved with shims? I am just looking for whatever kit is more reliable and easier to deal with.

Also how much do shops charge do an install for one of these kits?

Thanks again guys

-ejay

• 3 weeks later...

I did the Belltech 2/2 drop with the torsion keys and rear shackles. I got better handling since the truck is lower. Nothing overwehlming though. People say it'better with spindles and i believe that. Too bad I didn't know this forum before I bought the kit :wtf: The truck looks good though :thumbs:

I will be installing a Belltech setup next week, that will consist of 2" drop spindles and 3" drop leaf packs. I am hoping that in addition to lowering the rear, the new leafs will soften the stock bouncy ride on some of these CA freeways. I'll report back when it's done :thumbs:

I am hoping that in addition to lowering the rear, the new leafs will soften the stock bouncy ride on some of these CA freeways.  I'll report back when it's done  :thumbs:

Sorry to say your either misinformed, or wishful thinking :D

The drop leafs are not insanely stiffer than stock, but definitely noticeably stiffer. Ride quality will suffer, that much I can gurantee you. It's not as horrible as some make it out to be, but you'll know they are there.

Sorry to say your either misinformed, or wishful thinking :D

The drop leafs are not insanely stiffer than stock, but definitely noticeably stiffer. Ride quality will suffer, that much I can gurantee you. It's not as horrible as some make it out to be, but you'll know they are there.

Hmm, I was thinking (hoping) the reduced load carrying capacity of these would have meant a softer spring and ride. Guess not, huh?

Reduced load due to no overload spring among other things I'm sure. But yeah, unfortunatley the ride quality will definately not be improving for you.

Reread my last post and it sounded like I was being a dick, didn't mean for it to if that's how you took it. Good luck with your drop!

Reduced load due to no overload spring among other things I'm sure. But yeah, unfortunatley the ride quality will definately not be improving for you.

Reread my last post and it sounded like I was being a dick, didn't mean for it to if that's how you took it. Good luck with your drop!

No worries, I didn't think you were being a dick :cheers:

I guess I'll see how it rides with the leafs, at least they are easily reversable if I don't like it.

awww great... i got all excited when i saw the pix you posted earlier thinking i was gonna go with leaf springs... but making my not so smooth ride even more rough will kill me... Keep us informed with the install man and dont forget the pix! :D

The leafs really aren't all that rough. Just not as smooth as factory. On an annoyance scale of 1 - 10 I give them a 0. I'm used to stiffer suspension though from various modified sports cars are previous dropped trucks I've owned. I honestly couldn't imagine anyone being dissatisfied with the Belltech leafs though. Especially since they do not cause vibration like hangers and shackles have been.

Could we get back on the subject at hand here!! I'm still trying to decide which on im going to get, and i need it soon!!

Beltech -vs- mcGroofy's

OPINIONS!!

Being the creator of this thread- I've ended up going for the "McGoofy's Kit". Overall, I am very happy with the setup. No vibrations at all and the ride is as close to stock like before. Here are the pics of the drop- http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...topic=22970&hl=

-ejay