SUPERCHARGED!!!!!

That is a beautiful thing man. :cool:

I am however concerned with your choice in wall art.................Kenseth, Martin...........all Ford drivers, shame on you. Oh well, maybe it's not your garage or you put them there because they are pieces from wrecks and Ford wrecks are OK!!! :jester::jester:

Anyway......congrats on the SC it is making me reach for my wallet and the yellow pages for a good divorce attorney.....................maybe one of the members is an attorney!!! :jester:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I have been out driving around pretty much all day. Burned up almost a tank. I think I have come up with a reason to go to Walmart 4 times today.

I will get some pictures posted here shortly. I put my boost guage on today and I have a freakin vacuum. Not really a major one but there is one. I am almost sure it is from my headers somewhere. Every since I put them on there has been that hesitation sound when I hit the gas at idle. I am going to take it in in the morning and have them find the leak. Hopefully at the most they will have to pull off the headers and put a better gasket on. I should have done that in the first place. The ones that come with my headers were pretty flimsy.

Rico, yes I did it by myself. Lifting the supercharger in place was not really that hard as long as you take you time and ease it in slowly.

Glad you are enjoying the supercharger :thumbs: . Cool pics too. :cool:

Are you saying you have a vacuum leak? I am not sure how a leaky header gasket would have any effect on your intake vacuum. The boost gauge will show vacuum under "normal" conditions and climb into the boost side as you accelerate harder. It is fairly easy to mark the transition from vacuum to boost by listening for the whistling sound the bypass valve makes as it closes at about 1-2 lbs boost.

What do you mean by “hesitation sound “? To me, hesitation is more of a feeling of inconsistent acceleration. To some degree, this seems to be normal for the supercharger, having a slight stumble off idle.

Wow now I feel like an idiot. I knew that, but when I saw that guage jump to vacuum it kind of freaked me out a little and made me think back to the headers because someone I maybe had mentioned a leak when I described the noise. I guess I just got the two confused. Of course it shold show vacuum at idle. Thanks dcairns.

GMFORLIFE, I am definately a Nascar fanatic but not really loyal to a specific brand. I met Martin while I was in high school working at a local dirt track and talked to him for a long time about racing. I have followed him ever since. Then naturally when he brought up Kenseth I started following him too. They are both classy guys.

Ben - Below are pics of the gauges I got. They are Auto Meter Phantoms. I got them from Jegs.

guage1.JPG

guage2.JPG

I did not have the stock fan shroud on before I put on the supercharger. When I was installing the pump and resovoir for the intercooler I did not like how it hung down in front of the fans and belts. I put the fan shroud back on just as a quick fix for something to mount it to for the time being. I have since noticed that the temp is about 10 degrees cooler since I did this. It may actually direct the air from the fans even better so I think I will keep it on.

GMFORLIFE, I am definately a Nascar fanatic but not really loyal to a specific brand. I met Martin while I was in high school working at a local dirt track and talked to him for a long time about racing. I have followed him ever since. Then naturally when he brought up Kenseth I started following him too. They are both classy guys.

Me too, love NASCAR, I have met Mark quite a few times, He lives not to far from me and I used to work for a company that did work for him and a couple other NASCAR people and he is a very classy guy. My In-Laws live next door to Lisa France and they were in racing for a while....way back when they still raced on the beach!

Out of all the Ford drivers they are two of the better ones. :D

Does the S/C come with a new throttle body or do you reuse the stock one? Same with fuel injectors?

Actually, the injectors and fuel rails are replaced with the supercharger install. It needs to be able to deliver more fuel. I still have the old injectors and rails hanging on my old intake manifold. The throttle body is the stock one, though.

Archived