Lowered My SS

vdrumright

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did mine 7 turns and interestingly the driver side bolt is out a lot more than the passenger. That's how it was before I turned them of course. I finished the rear today.

Vdrumright, how tight did you tighten the rear shackles? I worried about doing them too tight and binding the springs up.

I did mine 7 turns and interestingly the driver side bolt is out a lot more than the passenger. That's how it was before I turned them of course. I finished the rear today.

Vdrumright, how tight did you tighten the rear shackles? I worried about doing them too tight and binding the springs up.

No torque specs with the kit?

Forgot to ask:

1. Dave got the Velvet Ride Shackles and is very pleased with them. Are they the same kind of shackles came with this Belltech kit? If not, would it be advisable to use the Velvet Ride instead of the Bell for even better ride quality?

2.What comes in that "kit" for $395? Just the shackles? And why did you place the flat side to the rear, vdrum? Was that the way the mfg. instructed to install them or you reversed them for ride quality reasons?

3. Does the truck need to be re-aligned?

4. How much did you take off the bump stops?

Thanks guys. Sorry for all the questions. I get real nervous when I start altering a vehicle doing more than just cosmetic changes.

The instructions did show the shackles with the flat towards the rear. It definitely looks like I need an alignment, the front wheels have a definite tilt to them. On the front and rear bumpstops I took off one ridge. If you look at the bumpstops you'll know what I mean. I may trim the fronts some more to see if the ride gets a little softer. I'm wondering if it's riding on the bumpstops too much.

I did the same as you, tightened them up like they were. I started to do the leaf spring flip. I got the drivers side all apart & couldn't figure out what how to get the bottom spring to the top & get it all compressed so i could bolt it back up. Maybe i was doing it wrong. I'll have to go re-read what the GF kits say to do. Has anyone that may be reading this put on the GF kit? If so. tell me again what they do to the rear springs. Thanks

Forgot to ask:

1. Dave got the Velvet Ride Shackles and is very pleased with them. Are they the same kind of shackles came with this Belltech kit? If not, would it be advisable to use the Velvet Ride instead of the Bell for even better ride quality?

2.What comes in that "kit" for $395? Just the shackles? And why did you place the flat side to the rear, vdrum? Was that the way the mfg. instructed to install them or you reversed them for ride quality reasons?

3. Does the truck need to be re-aligned?

4. How much did you take off the bump stops?

Thanks guys. Sorry for all the questions. I get real nervous when I start altering a vehicle doing more than just cosmetic changes.

I placed my flat side to the rear because the bell tech shakles have to lowering settings. 1" and 2", I looked at them & determined that if i didn't like the 2" drop I could easily change it to the next set of holes. It didn't look like it could be done if I installed it flat side forward.

Archived