just wanted some bragging rights

xlr82sxs

went to grab a bite to eat this evening.. heading home i pull up to a stop light next to a 04-06(?) 6.0 powerstroke. few guys inside the truck roll down their windows and start asking me questions about my truck.. the guy in the front passenger seat, in the most annoying voice ever, on purpose obviously, starts asking me stupid questions like; 'does that thing got a fourrrrrr cylinder!?' i reply with; 'no. eight.' then he says, 'oh, is that one of them super sports?' my reply, 'no. it's a vho.' his next question pumped adreneline through my veins faster than anything ever has before; he says 'you want to race?' as soon as he says that the driver holds the brakes and spins the rears for a few seconds. the light turns green, off we go! i held atleast a 3 foot lead, from front bumper to front bumper the whole way (about a quarter mile) until he is forced to slow due to traffic.. yeaaaaaah baby!

anyways, just wanted to get my bragging rights in from my truck which only has an aftermarket exhaust and 93 octane hot tune.. :D

i raced a new cummins tonight and handed it to him... he had some silly little programmer on it but it was actually really slow... :dunno:

You gotta watch out for the ones with good tuners and stuff.... they will eat you alive... I suppose when you buy a $40k+ truck whats an extra grand for a bitchin' programmer that gives you 150+ extra HP and ALOT more torque...

Yup. My cousin has an '04 Superduty 6.0L with a programmer on it with 5 different settings to pick from. I haven't raced him, but I've been with him on more than one occassion while he has his programmer in use while racing other people, and he blows them away.

Too bad that Ford tranny couldn't stay together though! :crackup::D

I like playing with the diesel guys. They always brag about their power output and try saying it's because it's a diesel. That's about as far from the truth as it gets. It's because they get a turbo. If GM were to produce a 6.0L that came stock with a turbo pushing 20psi like the duramax it would make more torque and hp than any of the stock GM drivetrain options could handle.

Those heavy trucks are easy to beat. It only gets interesting if you encounter one with some sort of a Banks power pack and the such.

Apparently not considering the Chevrolet was victorious by 36 inches. It could have been much different if the other person was alone.

I like playing with the diesel guys. They always brag about their power output and try saying it's because it's a diesel. That's about as far from the truth as it gets. It's because they get a turbo. If GM were to produce a 6.0L that came stock with a turbo pushing 20psi like the duramax it would make more torque and hp than any of the stock GM drivetrain options could handle.

Wile your argument is true, ya also have to take into account that a diesel has a shit load more compression than a gas engine, thus creating more low end. and theres no way chevy could make a gas 6.0 hold 20 psi.... and warrenty it :cheers:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ya, same thing happened to me, some guy and his girlfriend pulled up next to me and my old man one night after dinner. He was sayin all sortsa stuff of how my trucks slow cuz its only a v8 and not a diesel blah blah blah. Needless to say he starts powerbraking it at the light to build boost and I took off when I saw green, he got ahead of me by about a foot off the line and at 45 I was already past him and about 60 he was about a truck and a half back. Next light same thing and from a 40 roll it was rediculous i put 2 cars on him immediatly. Unexpecting to me, my dad rolls down the window and says maybe you should think about buying a GM vehicle next time. It used to be my dads 00 stock silverado until I gotta hold of it when I bought it from him. Since then I puta W4M tune, flowmaster 40's K and N,and LS1 fans.My dad was pretty surprised himself when the guy told us it was a 6.0 L diesel turbo, he didnt think his old stock silverado was capable of that lol.

Archived