PINKS

jboyss

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hav eonly seen 5 minutes of one episode and it's the one where the firechicken owned that civic. I didn't read the whole thread so what makes this host guy a tool? Just wondering, sorry for the dumb question. I think the lengths they give are ghey though, run what you brung! that's how I feel.

Wasn't referring to you quick. I remember your episode, it was the last one listed on the vote page. http://www.speedtv.com/features/974 Anyone that gets dead on has to argue it later to keep a win. Hopefully they've learned to get good camera angles set so it's an easily answered question. The earlier seasons had much worse, to useless, viewpoints the clearly see.

He was one of the other races shot here. I tried to find him listed so i could call him by name but he wasn't pictured which is how i would have been able to remember him. I didn't go to MIR to watch. Idiots pick a sunday and monday night :banghead:

The honda looked like all the classic cracks about imports rolled into one :yellow_loser:

Motorider, most of the complaints against rich are basically personality conflicts, 'Too cocky, tough guy act' etc. He's always admitted that he knew little about racing. My complaints are when he doesn't hold a high standard like he professes. One week the weak car gets all sorts of edges handed to it. The next one just as trashed isn't allowed a hail mary play. Inconsistancy is arbitrary bs. Or the rerun they just ran with the

Mike Slowe vs Jason Miller. Rich himself screwed up, he thought saw a head bob and was wrong when the tape was viewed yet let the winning rider decide the validity of the race. He should have just said "my screwup, the race doesn't count"

• 1 month later...

Well the episode in which rich lays a bike down aired tonight. :crackup: I reassert my statement about rich's Bonehead riding. I'm sorry, he was already clear of the cable, which was marked well, and got on it too hard leaned over a bit on probably questionable surface traction. The bike bucked him and they both took a soil sample.

basically he was on his way to the end of the track to check on a car to see if it blew it's motor, and he takes a crotch rocket that he's never ridden before and dumps it! what a tool, lol!

here's the vid- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMSqJva20-o

rich christensen callin' the race-

Well the episode in which rich lays a bike down (zx14 i think) aired tonight. :crackup: I reassert my statement about rich's Bonehead riding. I'm sorry, he was already clear of the cable, which was marked well, and got on it too hard leaned over a bit on probably questionable surface traction. The cow bucked him and they both took a soil sample.

The video certainly shows and tells a different story than what Rich has said or written about the incident. Improper application of power by an inexperienced rider :banghead::jester:

Bet all the women in the stands loved the topless Rich after the accident and the macho unassisted walk to the ambulance :yellow_loser:

Yeah that was good for a laugh, I'm surprised with a head that big he didn't hit it on the asphalt! In all fairness if I tried that I would've killed myself. But what really turned me off was the dissertation he later gave about the whole spill in the middle of calling the race :shakehead: sad sad sad. I thought I had a big ego but I try to never steal someone else's thunder... Ah well at least he didn't break anything. :lol:

Mr. P. :)

Ive seen 1 good Pinks, it was a late 68-72 Nova and a, I wanna say late 60's Vette, both tubbed out drag cars. The vette won the first, and the Nova guy kept on racing heads up, even after loosing twice, I beleive it was best out of 5.

But yeah most episodes are jokes, a guy will loose by 2 lengths and he asks for 14 and no spray or some crazy shit. Or you have a guy in a stripped drag Camaro with a roll cage not giving lengths to a 14 second Mustang, and denying his car was built for drag racing.

Archived