Upgrading a 4L70E?

How did the shift kit blow it up? That doesn't make sense to me unless it was installed improperly.

What brand was it? Certainly not Transgo. FLP and now FLT have been putting the Transgo HD-2 in their LVL 5 builds for many years now. Can't even begin to convince me that kit had anything to do with it. Same one most on here (of the Transgos) have and the most recommended one from Transgo for our trucks, as well. Before there was a lot on here about different kits I chose Transgo because at least two of the most recommended companies for built 4L65Es used them. I can't even remember seeing another brand used, but stopped at the first two parts lists that I saw.

If you had a B&M, maybe I could see. Overall, regardless of what type was in there, sounds like someone didn't know what they were doing and should have never touched your tranny.

well i know i was not just abusing the tranny and i know that i was not making enough power to blow it up. so i have been told that the shift kit i had at that time was probably the main problem in my tranny failing.

But my second time around I did go with a different shift kit. So we will see.

• 11 months later...
  • 8 years later...