launch techniqe

sslover

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was recording some 0-60 times with EFI Live, I noticed the times were better if I just mashed it, rather than doing the power braking thing. I think it gets the computer into torque managment mode from the get go, and you loose some. I also recall, before the supercharger, that my 1/4 mile time was worse when I power braked.

i didn't know trailer's were a mod? and 2000rpm, did you get some special converter in yours? the couple i drove wouldn't get 2k of stall wot and held back. i tried quite a few ways and i'd say off idle or bringing it up to about 1000 to 1200 for launch. dave is correct, to much and the torque management gets ahold of you which just slow's it down after the launch.

Thanks for the abuse zippy.

:jester:

He can be cantankerous, but Zippy's generally a good egg: he knows his stuff.

As far as launch goes, I've learned to just let 'er rip from idle. (My experience only.) Nothing else has made any difference--power braking, tow mode, etc.

If you don't stall it up at the light though, you better leave on the first bulb then! Just hammering it when the light turns is going to yield terrible reaction times.

Also, maybe others are different. My truck, at WOT shifts about 5800, in Haul mode, only about 5500. so, if your using Haul mode to stall up on the line, switch it out as soon as you get off the line!

you're welcome timb. :jester: part of my comment was humor and other was just to avoid a future question. if you say you're getting a certain number, someone is likely to think there is something wrong with their truck if it doesn't. ahh, the greatness of the internet. either way, no offense implied. ;)

If you don't stall it up at the light though, you better leave on the first bulb then! Just hammering it when the light turns is going to yield terrible reaction times.

No truer words have ever been spoken. They actually had to clock my first reaction time with a calendar. Never will it be revealed!

If you don't stall it up at the light though, you better leave on the first bulb then!  Just hammering it when the light turns is going to yield terrible reaction times.

No truer words have ever been spoken. They actually had to clock my first reaction time with a calendar. Never will it be revealed!

:lol: The bug on the windshield distract you?

Archived