My new job

Xero

I am officially (as of tomorrow when I pay my first dues) a First year apprentace union ________. Heres a hint. I will be doing structural work, bridges, precast, and up really FU*KING high! Im very excited!! I get to lean, and be certified in, MIG, TIG, Arc, Stick (main one cause I do my job outside), Oxy/Ace. cutting and welding, forklift operations, and I get to build SH*T. I'm getting 17/hr starting out (plus annuities, pension, and full medical) and get a 5% raise ever six months untill my 4 year apprentaceship is up.

I'm assuming a welder.

Nah, that's to obvious. I'm guessing he's a plumber that happens to be on the same job site as those guys... and he's just overly excited about learning to solder sweat copper tubing...

:crackup:

:eek: YOUR AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!......not...... :jester: Ironworker local 17 Cleveland!

I've been looking at Klein tools all day long. I'm really not excited to buy a structural belt, a detailers belt, harness, and hardhat. What do I need as a first year on his first job site? I know I'll be working from the neck down, but do I need any tools?

post-5288-1150927852.gif

I'm assuming a welder.

Nah, that's to obvious. I'm guessing he's a plumber that happens to be on the same job site as those guys... and he's just overly excited about learning to solder sweat copper tubing...

:crackup:

haha :crackup:

Anyone know a good airbrush guy who I can send my hardhat to? I'm thinking about getting some "true flames" with a maltese firefighters cross all airbrushed? God this will be hard! 8-5 with the union than 6-10 with the medic and firefighter classes.....plus this business I set up. Lord I'm screwed! I think I'm going to dismantle the biz. for a while....

I thought you were a fireman/opening a car shop.  Anyways congrats on the new job.

ill always take the chance to get more money, and with this ill have two union jobs! plus i get to learn a lot. plus, not much work as a firefighter round here... the carshop is a hobby, a very expensive one at that

Edited by Xero (see edit history)

I like it! It's nice, firefighting is 24 hrs straight on 48 hours straight off. When I do that five times I get 5 straight days off! So this job is more to fill up time and to make money and learn a lot of neat stuff and meet new people. Union work rocks!