Classic Cars

Blondie

Well...I gotta say im a little partial to this one....even tho technically its not a "classic"....

100_0390.jpg

But...itd be close between a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 LS-6 a 69 Z/28 or a 67 Vette Vert 427/435.....my dad had all 3 at some point in time growing up...now he just kicks himself in the ass..HARD for not having them now....

Edited by ChevyMan23 (see edit history)

I like just about anything and everything in one form or another from the 60s/70s.

AMXs and the Machine and ScRambler seem left out quite a bit, but for the era they were awesome cars.

Hybrids too, Jensen Interceptors, Isos, Panteras, etc were cool rides. Look up Monteverdi HAI 450 SS sometime, the cars back then were nuts!

The big three had lots of nice cars, way too many for me to pick from!

I've had two of these, this picture was taken the day I sold my last

one in 1996. I also had a 68 Z28 Camaro. The early Camaro's are the best.

lf_closeup_view.jpg

My first car was one just like this one, except mine only had steel chrome

reverse wheels. I've been looking for another one but they are really scarce around here.

62.jpg

My dad picked up a 1963 Buick Riviera when I was younger. It's always been his dream to restore it. I'm not much of an older car lover... but from what he tells me it's pretty sweet.

I have a lot of favorites, but if I have to pick just one it'd be a 1965 Malibu... I've been in love since a Super Chevy Show in Pomona when I was about 15 yrs old. My dad and I were walking thru the rows of cars and I saw it.... deep blue marine color with matching white and blue interior... lowered, rims, and a clean little 350/350 combo.... since that day I've always said I would build one when I had the time and money.

65_Chevrolet_Malibutoppic.jpg

you hit the nail on the head dylan! thats my favorite classic right there!!!! after that 55 chevy choped lowered 350/ dbl 4bbl carbs! nice art morrison chassie.

Just wanted to see who all is in to classic cars and what everyone's favorites are!!!  Personally for me its a 69 chevelle or 68 camaro...but i'm partial to the camaro...charlie has one. :)

th_8aafd2f6.jpg

Are you talking about Charlie Lillard?

My favorite simply being model specific is the 70' Chevelle. It's a tough call for me. I've driven about all of the old muscle cars and after knowing how terrible they drive it takes some of the glamour out of them. My buddies last 70 1/2' Camaro was one of my favorite classic's to drive. The one he's currently building is like it, only better. I'll post some pictures later on that.

Just wanted to see who all is in to classic cars and what everyone's favorites are!!!  Personally for me its a 69 chevelle or 68 camaro...but i'm partial to the camaro...charlie has one. :)

th_8aafd2f6.jpg

Are you talking about Charlie Lillard?

My favorite simply being model specific is the 70' Chevelle. It's a tough call for me. I've driven about all of the old muscle cars and after knowing how terrible they drive it takes some of the glamour out of them. My buddies last 70 1/2' Camaro was one of my favorite classic's to drive. The one he's currently building is like it, only better. I'll post some pictures later on that.

No...my boyfriend Charlie....

Here's the "one that got away". I love the "Shark" era vettes... and I like the 81-82 styling, just lacking in performance... anyway... It's a '70 vette with a 420 stroker that had 500+ to the wheels.... Ported 2.08/1.65 valve Twisted Wedge heads, .620/.620 solid roller cam with 240 degrees duration, 1.75" long tube stainless headers with Burns Stainless merge collectors into unbaffled side pipes... Spent so much money on the car that all I could afford was a crappy Poloroid, which was then scanned... :crackup: This was right after I got her running with the new stroker back in '98.

Bradscorvette.jpg

EDIT: By the way, never, ever ever ever wear sandals while driving/riding in a car with this much HP and side pipes... they tend to have a lot of heat in them and can melt skin on contact!!! Ask me how I know... :cry:

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)