2006 Silverado SS - Intimidator

bigvette

regular duramax (lby?)is covered by 0% the upgrade lbz isn't. what is it 360hp 650ft lbs or something vs. the 300hp  520 ft-lbs duramax

that was my understanding dealer coulda been stroking me to sell the wimpy duramax and get it of the lot.

All 06 and up LBZ duramaxes with the allison are 360 hp 650 lb/ft. 06+ is LLY is 310 hp and 605 lb/ft however dyno testing reveals that GM under rated this by around 50 hp. and LBZ both basically the same motor, 04.5-05 are LLY 310 hp 605 lbft, 01-04.5 LB7 300 hp 520 lb/ft.

The only complaint I have with my 2wd SS is the rear drums.  How can you label something an SS and give it drum brakes?  Otherwise I prefer 2wd:  Less weight, less parts to break.

It would have been nice if they kept the rear discs.

The only complaint I have with my 2wd SS is the rear drums.  How can you label something an SS and give it drum brakes?  Otherwise I prefer 2wd:  Less weight, less parts to break.

Yeah, there are times when I want to go old school and paint the drums on my '06 red. Then I go, It's a f'in drum! Who wants to draw attention to that on a new vehicle? :lol: