Corsas' Installed

ericwf

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered the same system as ERICWF

,i called them and they told me there is an actual increase of 10hp from the SS,i guess they got hold of a dyno that will hold all wheel drives..

and i still have to figure out how to add a pic here..

my window sticker was $41,765 and only got 2500 off of it,but loaded,i guess it has every option..:)

terry

I ordered the same system as ERICWF

,i called them and they told me there is an actual increase of 10hp from the SS,i guess they got hold of a dyno that will hold all wheel drives..

and i still have to figure out how to add a pic here..

my window sticker was $41,765 and only got 2500 off of it,but loaded,i guess it has every option..:)

terry

Terry, I hope you enjoy your Corsa exhaust! I'm most certainly enjoying mine. :thumbs:

Hey Eric refresh my memory again please, what kind and size are your wheels? The new sig looks awesome!! The exhaust looks real good too. Thanks!!

Thank you rico750sxi (sorry, can't recall your name). The wheels are the same size as

the stock wheels, the brand is Boss.

Appearance wise I have the truck where I want it, I'd like to have a SC installed but I

probably won't. Thats a pretty expensive add-on plus I will probably be pulling a travel

trailor one day. Not sure I want to do that with a SC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cool signature pic you have Eric!  We don't really have seasons here in SoCal.

Thanks Dave, thats one of the many pics I took during our vacation to CO,

the mountains are absolutely beautiful!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a Corsa in my Avalanche, just before I traded it in yesterday.

The Corsa was LOUD. Like straight pipe loud, when you got on it. Around town, it's rather quiet. Maybe a little louder than stock SS exhaust at idle.

The muffler is a straight through design, with no restrictions at all. There are four "ports" on the inside (like 1x1" squares). Two at each end, with the rest of the interior muffler pipe being a solid pipe. That's it for baffling. The ports do all of the sound cancelling at lower speeds and kill the resonation.

The muffler is A LOT bigger than stock. At leat the 6.0L muffler I had on the Av was. It sounds like an empty 55gal drum when you knock on it.

A very respectable Av owner quoted a 20/20 gain with a Corsa exhaust. I don't remember where he got the dyno from. That was gains throughout, not just at spike.

When I bolted up my stock exhaust yesterday, I definitely felt a little missing down low. Not a lot off idle, but around 2K, it didn't pull as hard. Never really wound it out on the way to the dealer.

Here's a clip of my exhaust...

Archived