sser's in the snow

impalarasser

Snow usually isn't a big issue in southcentral Oklahoma! But if it should snow, I'll probably just drive it a little more cautiously. I've never owned a 4 wheel drive, but I also have never been anywhere I couldn't get around in with my two wheel drive! It's nice to know I've got the option though! :chevy:

I bought some Silverado 16" Z71 take-offs that I plan to mount some BF Goodrich Allterain TA's on. There are designed for "all season off road" but they have superior wet traction and snow/mud handling.

It might be overkill, but I plan on taking the truck up in the mountains during the winter for skiiing/boarding, etc.

The snow tires and clear bra should be more than enough for the winter.

(Colorado they use sand, the reason for the clear bra)

~ Brian

The winter in Colorado is similar to up in the True North Canada :seeya:

Winter Tires 101:

Take care of your baby...

You might as well save the bucks(for new wheels :D ) keep the stock wheels on your ride.

Recommend you mount your ride with true winter :cool: tires as the compound used in the rubber stay soft to provide maximum traction on ice(the slimmy little devil :devil: that is directly under the snow).

I have found only Bridgestone Winter Duellers and Cooper Winters that fit our rides (265/75R/16) same as spare and match the circumference of the 20"s.

All season tires stiffen up and provide adequate for a cheap little Toyota Echo, but winter tires are an insurance policy for more relaxed driving with unbeleivable traction

:rolleyes: Dr Mike

As far as snow goes, I used to live in the UP of michigan, the large tires are decent. The AWD is whats going to save you. As far as ice, the best ice tire ive ever seen is the Bridgestone Blizzak. I dont think you can get it in a 20. The other thing to do in the winter is add weight to the back of the truck. I used sand bags. The best thing to do. Move to a warmer climate. thats what I did.

-dave

Yeah, LA's a bitch. You gotta keep moving. Visitors quickly learn not to part their vehicle in one place longer that an hour...........................

BirdPoop.jpg

Archived