New 2007 Style Silverado/Sierra

SoCalSS

Not really into it that much but won't say anything until I see one in person. By the time I get back to the states they will already be on the roads. Are they coming out with the SS? If so what engine are they going to put in it? :flag:  :chevy:  :flag:

According to MT, the new 6.2 L block with 380hp/400tq will probably be the one that takes the cake for the SS

yup just as i thought..... still as ugly as it was the first time i saw it... :puke: the GMC is a step up but is still pretty fugly

oh so if you guys look at the last picture of an article, it says that there will be a 6.2L available in the new silverado... :D

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

i love the features and interior however dislike the exterior i know soon it will grown on me...just not aggressive i suppose...looks a lot like a semi type of thign (new f-150)

more pictures!

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/07/31/officia...ckups-surfaces/

• 4.3L V-6 (LU3), rated at 195 hp (145 kW) and 260 lb.-ft. of torque (353 Nm).

• 4.8L V-8 (LY2), with iron block; rated at 295 hp (220 kW) and 305 lb.-ft. of torque (414 Nm)*.

• 5.3L FlexFuel V-8 (LMG), E85-capable with iron block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 338 lb.-ft. of torque (458 Nm)*.

• 5.3L FlexFuel V-8 (LC9), E85-capable with aluminum block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 338 lb.-ft. of torque (458 Nm)*.

• 5.3L V-8 (LH6), with aluminum block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 338 lb.-ft. of torque (458 Nm)*.

• 5.3L V-8 (LY5), with iron block and Active Fuel Management, rated at 315 hp (235 kW) and 338 lb.-ft. of torque (458 Nm)*.

• 6.0L V-8 (L76), with aluminum block, variable valve timing and Active Fuel Management, rated at 367 hp (274 kW) and 375 lb.-ft. of torque (508 Nm)*.

• 6.2L V-8 (L92), with aluminum block and variable valve timing, rated at 400 hp (298 kW) and 417 lb.-ft. of torque (565 Nm)** – exclusive on GMC Sierra Denali.

The engines are backed by proven Hydra-Matic electronically controlled automatic transmissions, including the proven 4L60 four-speed automatic, high-capacity 4L70 four-speed automatic and a new 6L80 six-speed with the Sierra Denali's 6.2L engine.

I guess the new SS will keep the 6.0 and not get the 6.2

Silverado

post-8207-1154398984_thumb.jpg

GMC

post-8207-1154398973_thumb.jpg

LT1 Interior

post-8207-1154399006_thumb.jpg

LTZ Interior

post-8207-1154398995_thumb.jpg

Edited by SoCalSS (see edit history)

It looks smaller then currently, and looks to sit lower to the ground.

Oh, and no I don't like the looks of either the Chevy or GMC one. Like others, have to wait and see it in person. If I ever did tade my SS in on another chevy truck, would have to get a tahoe. Other wise, I'll be looking at different brands.

Sorry GM, but you should of done better then this new gen. :puke:

At 10 am this morning GM will unveil two of their most important models for 2007. The Silverado and Sierra full-size pickups' debut will be broadcast live via GM's Fast Lane blog HERE and your auto-obsessed friends at Autoblog will provide full team coverage.

These new GMT-900-based trucks represent the General's best efforts in the overly competitive full-size truck market, with much of the company's future dependent on their success.

GM is touting the new model's fuel efficiency, towing capacity, interior amenities and exterior styling as class leading and although we have already seen a variety of photos come out in the last few days, Gary White, VP of GM's truck division, contends there is much more to expect.

With the popularity of the GMT-900 line of SUVs, it seems that the General may have a winner on their hands and White acknowledges that these new models are a key component in insuring GM's future is bright.