Son's Car Accident

Hey all,

Most of you who were at Zippy's know I got a phone call Saturday from my daughter telling me that my son and granddaughter had been in a car accident.

Really thought I was going to have to leave right then and there. Fortunately, my other son and daughter were able to step up and handle the details for their brother and be there since Alyce and I could not. I told everyone I would try and get some pics posted when I got back.

Well I got the pics and we are damn fortunate.

The car was hit on the side that my granddaughter normally would have her car seat on, but for some reason she was sitting on the other side behind her dad. They say God works in mysterious ways...well this certainly qualifies.

Thankfully, only a few scrapes and bruises

Now, I know those of you who weren't at Zippy's are now asking yourselves...

OK...

What's this got to do with Zippy's?

Nothing, but here's the rest of the story.

The kind words and thoughts from everybody were greatly appreciated. It made a really big impression on my wife who really hadn't met many of the members and had only chatted briefly with those she had. She understands much better why I spend a lot of time on the site: The people here

The guys who know me probably haven't seen this side of me, because I'm normally the one talking sh*t, telling jokes, posting useless information, etc. etc. etc. :jester:

Craig's and Old Boys were both great times. I'm glad we were able to be there :thumbs::cheers: We will be back :)

On the way home, she made the comment that everybody were really good people. Trust me, that's a helluva endorsement

I would like to give a big thank you to everybody at Zippy's during what was a rough time for us and our family. Also a thank you to the SilveradoSS family for letting me hang out here

Pics :eek:

post-4532-1153785965_thumb.jpg

post-4532-1153786023_thumb.jpg

post-4532-1153786082_thumb.jpg

post-4532-1153786196_thumb.jpg

post-4532-1153786264_thumb.jpg

post-4532-1153786384_thumb.jpg

Brian, you know I enjoyed hanging out with you and Alyce. Your both good people and I look forward to seeing you at The Dream Cruise in August. Can't express how relieved I am to hear everyones all right. You two have enough to deal with as it is. Like you said "God works in mysterious ways". Maybe things will get better all around for you. Take good care of that granddaughter and I'll see you next month.

Brian, you know I enjoyed hanging out with you and Alyce. Your both good people and I look forward to seeing you at The Dream Cruise in August. Can't express how relieved I am to hear everyones all right. You two have enough to deal with as it is. Like you said "God works in mysterious ways". Maybe things will get better all around for you. Take good care of that granddaughter and I'll see you next month.

Thanks Bob,

Looking forward to the Dream Cruise, just hope we don't have anymore of this type excitement.

There was that really sinking feeling when we first heard the passenger side got hit because that was where her car seat always was. My son is 6'3"-6'4" so to give her more room he always placed her on the passenger side of the car. He said he didn't know why he changed her to the driver's side of the car :dunno: I did the same thing when my kids were little.

We have 5 grandkids and love all of them but Eliza is certainly the one that Alyce refers to as our miracle baby after everything she's gone through in only 17 months. Things aren't as bad as they could be, and I do try and see the glass as half-full rather than half-empty. Helps to look at things from a more positive viewpoint, at least for me.

We'll be in the Camaro vert for Woodward :cool::cool:

We had a great time hanging out with you too :thumbs:

Also for the other members, Bob won first place in the SilveradoSS class

Chad (ThePDB) was runner up

Congrats to both of you :cheers::cheers:

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

The guys who know me probably haven't seen this side of me, because I'm normally the one talking sh*t, telling jokes, posting useless information, etc. etc. etc.

I was thinking the same thing....... :D

We look forward to seeing you next year too. 

thanks and take care

Thanks.

You got to bring Cheezy Fries again too

He still needs to get his FREE CAR WASH :crackup:

I nearly fell out of my chair..........:crackup:

Rob

P.S. - Glad to hear everything is OK (except the car)!

This is the first I got to see this. I'm glad to hear everything came out okay. It's a good thing the glass didn't make it over to her side of the car. It was great to have you all here, next year should be as good or better. (and no accident).