Keeping the stock exhaust

Fun Guy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am having a dual-in dual out flo-pro muffler installed tomorrow. Am going to tuck the tips behind the bumper with turn down tips. www.flopro.com

I would be very interested to know how the noise is in the cab with this setup. Many manufacturers seem to suggest that resonance occurs with dual tailpipes that does not occur with a single large pipe.

I am having a dual-in dual out flo-pro muffler installed tomorrow. Am going to tuck the tips behind the bumper with turn down tips.  www.flopro.com

I had it installed today. I used the Flopro MX336 dual in dual out muffler.

I haven't driven it on the highway yet. I do notice more sound in the cab but not annoyingly loud. The sound outside the truck is awesome. The guys at the shop said " now thats what something wearing SS badges should sound like" :D I wish i knew how to get a sound clip on here.

I've ordered a heat sheild made for flowmaster mufflers that should fit my flopro. Found it on Summits website. Here is the description. Aluminum heat shield designed to mount on the muffler for added protection in reducing heat radiated from muffler and in reducing interior noise. For $26.00 I'll give it a try.

Oh, total cost for system was $247.00

Pics are good, even if the sound clip is unmanageable at this time.......actually, I bet that between all of us, we could get a clip up here...

If your digital camera has .avi capability, it should also have a built in mic. That's how I did it. Unless you don't have a camera.

Here are two pics of the muffler install.

0.jpg

I had the tail pipes installed right under the trailer hitch frame mounts on each side of spare. You don't see any exhaust when walking around the truck. ( hidden)

2.jpg

I haven't noticed any significint gains or losses. I only notice any sound difference in the cab at low speeds, city driving. On the highway hardly hear it. same as stock.

That muffler looks much smaller than their picture had it painted. I was hoping for something larger to absorb some of the drone. Also wish the muffler had dual 3" outs.

Ideally, I want something that would fit in place of the stock muffler, weigh less, keep factory pipes, no drone, slightly louder tone, and super free flowing. Basically, look stock, with more power, and mild sound.

Archived