fuel mileage question

1BAD2K

does the all wheel drive SS use a lot more fuel than the 2wheel drive version? o know the SSS isnt a great choice from economical standpoint. im expecting to get crummy milage, but just wondering how much better the 2WD does before i make a purchase...... thanks a lot for the help......sam.

my 06 2wd gets 14mpg all city or 21mpg all freeway. That is when I baby it around town or set the cruise control at 70mph on the freeway. when I hammer it, it is much lower.

My '03 AWD SS gets about 14-15 around town and about 18-19 interstate. Of course that's with mods and a tune too. I used to barely get 15-16 interstate... If you do a lot of traveling, get a 2wd if you don't need the AWD winter capabilities.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

My '03 AWD SS gets about 14-15 around town and about 18-19 interstate. Of course that's with mods and a tune too. I used to barely get 15-16 interstate... If you do a lot of traveling, get a 2wd if you don't need the AWD winter capabilities.

That's about what I get. Bone stock with a K&N drop in.

That's about what I get. Bone stock with a K&N drop in.

I forgot, I also have a TB stall, which drops the around town mileage a bit. I've also got 6% shorter tires, which dropped my interstate MPG by 1-2. Of course the foot goes down to the floor quite a bit more than it used to too. :driving: