pcmforless shift firmness???

Buyfire

i'll be ordering my pcmforless tune within a week or two and i'd like to know if the shift at partial throttle is very stiff. my truck is all stock with exception to a volant box so i'm sure i'll be ordering bryans' standard tune. i'd like it to be fairly firm at WOT. i would like it to be close to stock firmness at light throttle because i have a 10 month old daughter and i'd like to avoid giving her whiplash while tooling around town with her in the back seat.

how firm is the shift @ partial throttle???

also, i'll be towing a 4000 lb boat around pretty regularly. any issues with removing most of the TM with a load behind???

thanks,

eric

:chevy: Eric, 1st thing is to contact Bryan.. If I understand him correctly, What you are requesting with the shift firness and that you tow with the SSS, he will modify the standard tune.. I have an '06 SSS 2WD, and the shift firmness is great, however, the shifts are pretty firm. I don't tow and that was one of Bryan's questions before we did the tune.. Just e-mail or call him and discuss what you desire - he can fine tune to your requirements.

becareful with uping shift firmness on stock trans you will shortend the life!!!! i had one of his so called tunes and i can post the file if needed. he had my pressure set at 120 whre as stock is 90. that there will kill a trans

best way to firm up shifts is with a shift kit or built trans

I had a full set of Billet Aluminum Servos and a progressive tranny line pressure and it was almost rediculous shifting into second under partial throttle. I did learn quickly to feather the throttle a little as it went into second and it solved alot of the neck breaking partial throttle shift. At WOT it shifted nice, solid and quick.

I have a pretty hard 1-2 shift as well...especially under part throttle. The truck has a built tranny though, and with the Radix added on, I'm afraid to mess with the tranny too much to bring it back to a softer shift. :dunno:

I bought the truck this way, and it isn't too bad...but if I'm in traffic, the 1-2 shift does get old pretty quick.

buyfire,

I exchanged e-mails with Bryan at PCM4Less a couple of weeks ago regarding a tune for my VMax Denali and we talked about shifting and towing. Since I pull a 6000# trailer frequently I had some concerns. He said he could set the system up so when I went to the "Tow/Haul" mode (push button on shifter) the program would be suitable for towing my 6000# load but I would have peak performance when I was in "normal" mode.

Like others have suggested just explain to him what you need and he'll set it up that way!

Quik, sounds like you have had a bad experience with PCM tuning is this a real issue or personal situation? Maybe it's none of my business!?!?

becareful with uping shift firmness on stock trans you will shortend the life!!!! i had one of his so called tunes and i can post the file if needed. he had my pressure set at 120 whre as stock is 90. that there will kill a trans

best way to firm up shifts is with a shift kit or built trans

My nearly stock SSS has been at that setting for over a year and 23,000 miles with no issues.

If you want a basic performance "feel", the reprogram is fine. If your truck is going for all out performance you will need a real shift kit to hold the bands tight under load.

I had ordered the standard tune from byran with shift firmness in my 05 vho. Ill tell you this.... It was the reason bought a laptop and spent the money for hpTuners cuz the shifts at part throttle were wayyyyyy to stiff. It was ridiculous. And it seemed the longer the drive, the more stiff it got. After getting Hptuners and looking at his tune, he had all the numbers maxed out for the most possible it looked like. So def give him a call or email im sure he will set it up :thumbs: