airborne???

mwalls54

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I havent gotten my truck off of the ground yet ...there are a few real good places around here too do that ...i scared my girlfreind with one of those spots not to long ago...kindof scared about doing it because alot of people get air there...a freind of mind put a hole in his oil pan on one...but i have jumped my 86 astro van with a 305 in it ...did it a couple of times it was fun threw sparks ...but the van is not new so i dont worry as much...but maybe one of these days hopefully shell be airborn :thumbs:

I have gotten it in the air once or twice on the road by my house. The kids are always trying to get me to do it.

There is a road by our home that we call the roller coaster. My daughter always wants me to go fast through the 1/4 mile stretch of turns and humps and of course railroad tracks. I have never taking it to the level where the tires let go or get airborn, there are a lot of trees and telephone poles near the road and from what I hear the SS is not a tank when it comes to impacts with stationary objects.

• 4 weeks later...

The road coming to my house has a few of those woopy bump hills, I used to hit them at around 50 and get the wheels close but not quite off the ground. That was in my 1999 Z71 always landed smooth. One time I hit it at around 60 went airborne! When I landed it was a bit sideways, causing me to jerk the wheel, that induced a hell of a swerve that I did recover from but scared me so much I have never done it again. I thought I was gona roll it.

Mark

The road coming to my house has a few of those woopy bump hills, I used to hit them at around 50 and get the wheels close but not quite off the ground. That was in my 1999 Z71 always landed smooth. One time I hit it at around 60 went airborne! When I landed it was a bit sideways, causing me to jerk the wheel, that induced a hell of a swerve that I did recover from but scared me so much I have never done it again. I thought I was gona roll it.

Mark

Come on ya big chicken.:lol: i love going down your road. i am just a little scared of cars coming the other direction.

I did that once going to a call(ambulance). Had alot of picking up to do since EVERYTHING in the back flew everywhere! Couldn't seem to get my partner ouy of his seat though. Maybe his seat belt was stuck. :lol::lol::lol: I don't know how far we flew but I would have loved to see it from outside. "Hey partner,Just breathe, We're fine" :lol::lol::lol:

I use to get air in my old 02 2500HD all the time, and i do miss it. I had it in the air probably 4ft to 5ft a couple times and even at that heighth it still landed really nice for such a heavy truck. The 35's and bilstien's probably helped too. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Mark

Come on ya big chicken.:lol: i love going down your road. i am just a little scared of cars coming the other direction.

what about those new PA. roads, matt.............any jumps yet??????

72 Cutlass 455 Rocket across rr tracks (unintentional), landed hard, more sparks than I've ever seen in a movie, 87 Eddie Bauer Bronco (fullsize), again rr tracks (unintentinoal), amazed the tires didn't blow out, Bronco again over the Miss. river levee (intentional) girlfriend almost peed herself, Bronco again (intentional), out of large ditch coming out of field from mudding, jumped the Bronco over the top of a few hills just scaring my friends. 93 T-bird 5.0 jumped (drunk) from the gravel road into a muddy bean field in early Feb. That was a cold two mile walk back home. Never jumped the Impala SS, liked it too much. 04 Suzuki LTZ 400... if I can get a decent run at it, I'll probably jump whatever is there. It has the suspension to handle it, if it's under 125 ft, I don't have problems. I'm amazed I lived through most of the vehicle jumps, intentional or otherwise, but the quad jumping is something all should try, there's nothing like hitting a 60ft steep face tabletop, shooting up into the stratosphere and tapping the rear brakes to nose down for a smooth landing on the downside. Anyway, believe it or not, there's my "newbie" jumping story.

Archived