POLL: Do *you* wear your seatbelt?

misterp

172 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: Do *you* wear your seatbelt?

• Everytime
    • Mostly
    • Sometimes
    • Never

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on how far im driving and how im driving. i used to have a good habit of always buckling up but i forget sometimes now. after 3 seatbelt tickets in the lasy year or two i would learn my lesson.

My truck doesn't go into gear until EVERYONE has theirs on.

:withstupid:

except when Jonathan rolls...cause he's a hardhead!! :banghead:

Yeah, I never wear my seat belt. Well, maybe sometimes when I see a cop. I was in my budy's car one time when we got rear ended and if i was wearing a seat belt I probably would have hurt my back and my head a lot. As it was, I was fine except for a little bump on my head. I just don't like wearing one, it's uncomfortable. If I get in an accident bad enough that the seat belt is going to save my life, it'll probably break my back or something and probably still **** me up. So, I'd rather just not suffer and I don't want someone to have to take care of me for the rest of my life.

Everytime :driving:

Been wearing seatbelts for over 30 years...long before it became law

Determined that if I was going to drive in an aggressive manner, it was easier to drive from the driver's side of the car than the passenger's side. Bench seats :banghead: (can you even get a vehicle with a bench seat anymore?)

I always wear my seatbelt. It is a lifesaver and has saved and prevented many serious injuries. I really don't know why people don't wear them.

Yeah, I never wear my seat belt. Well, maybe sometimes when I see a cop. I was in my budy's car one time when we got rear ended and if i was wearing a seat belt I probably would have hurt my back and my head a lot. As it was, I was fine except for a little bump on my head. I just don't like wearing one, it's uncomfortable. If I get in an accident bad enough that the seat belt is going to save my life, it'll probably break my back or something and probably still **** me up. So, I'd rather just not suffer and I don't want someone to have to take care of me for the rest of my life.

I disagree with that. If your getting rear ended your inertia is bringing you forward and the seatbelt is preventing you from continuing forward into the windshield and the dash. It may cause some whiplash but at least you wouldn't have hit the windshield. I'd look at it the other way, your family would say, damn if he had only have worn his seatbelt he would still be here or if he was wearing a seatbelt he wouldn't have been hurt so badly. It is especially bad to not be wearing a seatblet with airbags in the car. When you fly forward into the airbag deploying at a very high speed, it would likely break your ribs and crush your chest. I hate to sound like a mom or a cop, but lets say you have passengers in your car when you crash if your not wearing your seatbelt you become a hazard to them flying around the car. I've seen and heard of people who didn't wear seatbelts and I just don't like how it ends up.

the wife wears her belt all the time, and so does the baby (he has no choice). I dont really wear it too much, we have to wear it at work because our life insurance requires it in order to get paid in an accident. Other than that i don't like to wear it. I was in an accident where if i would have had my seatl belt i probably would not be typing today.

Always. Just a habit now. I do agree that it's a stupid law. If you want to fly through the windsheild, that's up to you. Just don't hold me responsible for the injuries that occur because you didn't have it on.

Same thing with helmet laws. I think only a fool would ride without one but I also think you should have the right to splatter your brains on the highway. I'm so tired of the government taking away our rights for the "greater good".