Paintball Guns

prtofcali

Find a used Bob Long... hahahaha The DM-4 is a pretty nice marker, there is one also called EGO I think(if thats the right name) They are pretty cheap and really fast. E-bay would be a way to go, not many parts to fail mostly o-rings, and boards but you can get a board about anywhere.

I used to play a bit of tourny ball a few years back, haven't played in a long time though. I would go with the 98 over the A-5 as you're limited to ONLY using that wierd feeding system on the A-5. If you end up doing a lot of modding to your 98 you can get one of the nicer power hoppers like the 12v Revolution, the HALO, etc. Either way you can't go wrong with a Tippmann. I always tell people as a sales pitch we'd grab a beat demo 98 outta the back, smash it against the sidewalk, gas it up and fire it (I basically lived at the local store for a few years).

Here are my two newer babies:

2k1 Dark Angel, 88Ci Angel AIR, 12" Dye Aluminum, with a smoke Revolution setup for Intellifeed.

Angel1.jpg

And my 2k3 Boxxer Lockout Edition Freeflow Racegun Autococker with 68/4500 Raptor and 12" Lapco Boomstick

Racegun1.jpg

I really need to get my ass in gear and start playing again.

I Paintball, and gun wise i am actulley preaty happy with my gun. Its a Spyder Imagine (E-Trigger) it's really good and i have had it for a while with no problems. E-Trigger has the regular one-shot,semi-shot,and full-auto. Its really good....and i dont remember if it was really expensive or not. I think it was about 120 or something like that, but overall rateing of a gun i would probally give it a 6 out of 10. I recommend you cheak it out :thumbs:

Picture023.jpg

Edited by onyx_ss (see edit history)

I work in an engineering office and we are doing a project with Tippman himself, out here in Wyoming. Apparently he is patenting a new gun that will revolutionize the game I guess. One cartrige will last the entire life of the gun, no more compressed air. I don't know anything about the sport, and I don't know if it is supposed to be public knowledge or not, but it sounded pretty awesome.

I use my old model 98 which you can get now for around 100 new. I got it when they first came out. I have put on a smart parts 14" barrel and a tippmann expansion chamber and a different hopper. total costs have been kept down and it has always performed rather well for me. I usually play in the woods though. If I was playing speed ball I would definitely buy something different with a faster fire rate.

Edited by thallent (see edit history)