Favorite car movie:

montanass

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smokey and the Bandits, Amaerican Graffiti was awsome...Love that black 55.
They are my 2 favorite. I actually have AG on DVD. Gone in 60 seconds is a close 3rd. :thumbs:

:withstupid: Those are my three picks, too.

But I'm really partial to Smokey and the Bandit because the first car that ever 'hypnotised' me was a '78 Bandit T/A, I must have been 11 or 12 at the time and I heard one start-up and it was goddamned mean sounding, looking back now it's obvious it was a radically cammed 455 but at the time when I whipped around to look I thought that was the most beautiful car ever made, I was lovestruck. It's probably why my first car was a '77 Formula Firebird. So that makes Smokey and the Bandit my 'original' favorite. AG has a very special meaning for me as I spent my teen and early adult years crusing Modesto. :driving: 9th Street just isn't the same anymore.

There are a lot of other good car movies, I love the first couple Mad Max flicks, I watch them every time they come on air; same with Goldfinger. Does Days of Thunder count? Ronin has a couple great action scenes in it. Bullit is an amazing film all you guys should rent, because it's authentic, real stunt driving by Steve McQueen, no fake effects. I also like the Ford GT40 scenes in A Man and A Woman.

Mr. P.

Being a Pontiac fan you'd probably like Shaker Run alot also. Favorite scene in that movie is when they're running down a highway and the girl in the back says "Is this as fast as we're going to go (the camera shot then goes to the speedo at 130) and the guy responds with "We haven't even begun to go fast yet". Right after that they pull over and he tells his ride along mechanic to open the headers. It's a killer movie with excellent car sounds and lots of tire smoke. The car is like a 78' or so T/A (Pink though).

Movie

Being a Pontiac fan you'd probably like Shaker Run alot also. Favorite scene in that movie is when they're running down a highway and the girl in the back says "Is this as fast as we're going to go (the camera shot then goes to the speedo at 130) and the guy responds with "We haven't even begun to go fast yet". Right after that they pull over and he tells his ride along mechanic to open the headers. It's a killer movie with excellent car sounds and lots of tire smoke. The car is like a 78' or so T/A (Pink though).

Movie

Ya know I haven't seen that one - will rent it :thumbs:

DiRtY MaRy, CrAzY LaRrY  :jester:

CrAzY MoPaR GuY will remember this one...

and us other old guys :banghead:

For SURE Dirty Mary Crazy Larry!

But I know an overlooked movie in this thread.....

:eek:

"Hot Rod", also known as "Rebel Of The Road".

SOMEBODY has to remember the Hemi Willys, Munn's Rootbeer, and the disco Cutlass!

:dunno:

FYI, Eleanor or however you spell it, was built in a shop in Riverside, and the engine note was from a 70 boss 302 mustang fully built that was pumping about 700 ponies and is set up to do 200+ mph. SO Eleanor is a fake. BTW the boss was fuuukin badd ass, truly and impresive car. Not only that but the mustang shop owner started it for me and my friend and that thing sounded amazing in person.

Sorry to kill it for those who like eleanor, but the truth must be told and the Boss 302 that donated the engine sound track is much better in my opiniion

DiRtY MaRy, CrAzY LaRrY  :jester:

CrAzY MoPaR GuY will remember this one...

and us other old guys :banghead:

For SURE Dirty Mary Crazy Larry!

But I know an overlooked movie in this thread.....

:eek:

"Hot Rod", also known as "Rebel Of The Road".

SOMEBODY has to remember the Hemi Willys, Munn's Rootbeer, and the disco Cutlass!

:dunno:

Remember it well.

Robert Culp, Pernell Roberts, Grant Goodeve

Can't remember the actor's name who drove the Willys.

Do remember he wrecked his '64 Plymouth and got the Willys from the guy at the junkyard so he could race at the Munn's Root Beer Drags or whatever it was called. He gets to keep the Willys if he beats Munn's kid :driving:

I have tried for years to find it on VHS/DVD :banghead:

I almost posted it, but I figured only a few of us would have seen it when it was on TV way back when :dunno: