Favorite car movie:

montanass

FYI, Eleanor or however you spell it, was built in a shop in Riverside, and the engine note was from a 70 boss 302 mustang fully built that was pumping about 700 ponies and  is set up to do 200+ mph. SO Eleanor is a fake. BTW the boss was fuuukin badd ass, truly and impresive car. Not only that but the mustang shop owner started it for me and my friend and that thing sounded amazing in person.

Sorry to kill it for those who like eleanor, but the truth must be told and the Boss 302 that donated the engine sound track is much better in my opiniion

:withstupid: I heard a similar motor in a '71 Pantera. CRAZY INSANE. :crazy:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DiRtY MaRy, CrAzY LaRrY  :jester:

CrAzY MoPaR GuY will remember this one...

and us other old guys :banghead:

For SURE Dirty Mary Crazy Larry!

But I know an overlooked movie in this thread.....

:eek:

"Hot Rod", also known as "Rebel Of The Road".

SOMEBODY has to remember the Hemi Willys, Munn's Rootbeer, and the disco Cutlass!

:dunno:

Remember it well.

Robert Culp, Pernell Roberts, Grant Goodeve

Can't remember the actor's name who drove the Willys.

Do remember he wrecked his '64 Plymouth and got the Willys from the guy at the junkyard so he could race at the Munn's Root Beer Drags or whatever it was called. He gets to keep the Willys if he beats Munn's kid :driving:

I have tried for years to find it on VHS/DVD :banghead:

I almost posted it, but I figured only a few of us would have seen it when it was on TV way back when :dunno:

Well..... I cheated, and typed in "Hot Rod" on Ebay, and bought the DVD years ago.

I'm one of the mentally challenged who had a VHS tape of it when it came out, grainy as heck, and full of commercials, George Burns pushing Ray-O-Vac batterys, all sorts of golden oldies. LOL!

If you ever rent "Born To Run" with Richard Grieco - it was a local movie with lots of my buddy's cars, had my Cuda in it too. Or "Tail Lights Fade" with Denise Richards, which had my Demon. The movie was pretty.... BAD... though... :lol:

What about Corvette Summer?

That movie holds the distinction of starring one of the ugliest Corvettes in movie history!

:withstupid:

Who in their right mind would actually steal that car?

Funny Car Summer for me :driving:

Vanishing Point & Two-Lane Blacktop

Must be an age thing Ray. :crackup: Vanishing Point is still one of my favorite movies. Love the ending.

Also Smokey and the Bandit since I owned the same car at that time. Another that's not really a car movie was Duel with Dennis Weaver. It's an old flick but you gotta see it if you haven't.

It's an old guy thing

What about Corvette Summer?

That movie holds the distinction of starring one of the ugliest Corvettes in movie history!

That was a damn ugly Vette. The black Firebird in that movie was cool, though. I'm partial to Pontiacs myself, so Smokey and the Bandit, Two Lane Blacktop, and Hollywood Knights top my list. Although the others listed are good, too. AG, Vanishing Point, and Bullitt are just classics. :thumbs: