Favorite car movie:

montanass

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of others that are obscure, but I think were awesome car scenes were from Ronin and Bourne Supremacy! Hellacious car chase scenes.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, Crank! The dude drives a mean ass 71'ish Buick Riviera.

I forgot about those. You're right, they're awesome.

A couple of others that are obscure, but I think were awesome car scenes were from Ronin and Bourne Supremacy! Hellacious car chase scenes.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, Crank! The dude drives a mean ass 71'ish Buick Riviera.

Ronin gets my vote for the best car chase, even though it doesn't contain any american cars. The Transporter also has a really good chase. i must have a fetish for BMW chases. :crazy:

Smokey and the Bandits, Amaerican Graffiti was awsome...Love that black 55.
They are my 2 favorite. I actually have AG on DVD. Gone in 60 seconds is a close 3rd. :thumbs:

:withstupid: Those are my three picks, too.

But I'm really partial to Smokey and the Bandit because the first car that ever 'hypnotised' me was a '78 Bandit T/A, I must have been 11 or 12 at the time and I heard one start-up and it was goddamned mean sounding, looking back now it's obvious it was a radically cammed 455 but at the time when I whipped around to look I thought that was the most beautiful car ever made, I was lovestruck. It's probably why my first car was a '77 Formula Firebird. So that makes Smokey and the Bandit my 'original' favorite. AG has a very special meaning for me as I spent my teen and early adult years crusing Modesto. :driving: 9th Street just isn't the same anymore.

There are a lot of other good car movies, I love the first couple Mad Max flicks, I watch them every time they come on air; same with Goldfinger. Does Days of Thunder count? Ronin has a couple great action scenes in it. Bullit is an amazing film all you guys should rent, because it's authentic, real stunt driving by Steve McQueen, no fake effects. I also like the Ford GT40 scenes in A Man and A Woman.

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

i thought of another one... Days of Thunder... kinda boring but overall not a bad movie. The new Dukes of Hazard was pretty damn good too... great car stunts...(especially that drift around the round about :) )

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

Made for TV movie: The California Kid (1978-79?)

Martin Sheen- '34 Ford 3 window

Vic Morrow, Sheriff- '57 Plymouth

Nick Nolte, Mechanic

Story about corrupt sheriff who runs people off the road on the outskirts of town on a winding stretch of highway.

The California Kid (Sheen) hits town to avenge his younger brother's death at the hands of the sheriff.

Nolte's character helps modify the '34 to handle the curves to outrun the sheriff's Plymouth

Kind of cheesy but it is from the '70s.

Zippy could star in the remake :jester: