May trade the sss for a srt 10 quad cab...

HOLSTEIN

well like the title says, i may trade the sss for a 05 silver srt 10 quad cab. it has 7,236 miles on it and is completly loaded.... i owe $14,000 on the sss and they want my truck and $13,000..... basically they are giving me $20,000 for my truck and selling the srt for $33,000.... this truck is a real cherry and looks good.... what do you guys think?

deal or no deal????? :dunno:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well it a good deal really...depends on how long you gonna keep it and well if you dont care about gas. even though we got a SSS those srt are worse on gas so i hope the gas situation isnt pissing you off. pretty sweet deal though they are nice trucks.

well like the title says,  i may trade the sss for a 05 silver srt 10 quad cab.  it has 7,236 miles on it and is completly loaded.... i owe $14,000 on the sss and they want my truck and $13,000..... basically they are giving me $20,000 for my truck and selling the srt for $33,000.... this truck is a real cherry and looks good.... what do you guys think?

I drove one, and granted... I'm more than a little partial. It runs like a streak of crap. It's absolutely awesome, for performance. However, there's so many little details that I didn't like. The interior feels so... cheap, and chincy. Just my opinion. But some of the Dodge boys (the honest ones) are saying the same thing.

As for price, it doesn't sound too bad. The one here (new) is still at 51K, and the dealer doesn't want to drop it. He says because it's the last year, it'll be a collector item.... Yeah. Good luck with that.

You have to do what you think is right for you, and your personal situation.

i checked the average gas mileage on the trip dic and it was getting right at 12mpg, thats only 1mpg less than i am getting now...... and ofcourse it takes pre fuel as well....

If you're only getting 13 MPG then the SRT is going to get around 8 MPG. It is a nice deal but it's really what you want. I looked at the SRT-10 last year but the price was stupid, gas milage was stupid and there were some things I didn't like about the interior. I'm pretty happy with my SS but I've got dreams of FI :devil: . After I add the bigger trans cooler and efans I'm saving up for a radix. I've already got a FI cam so I've just got to save for the radix. lots of money put into the SS but I like everything about the SS for the most part. 2 wheel drive is not a good option for KY. Weigh your options and see what works best for you. :thumbs:

:chevy: I'd get it if Kyle Petty was selling it but not from just an average Joe. That truck is $28,000 now for a 2005  :nono: 8 mpg but that's OK the power  :thumbs: but $28,000 is tops for that Dodge    :ughdance:

where are you getting $28,000 for the dodge?? kelly bb? personal price? just wanna know/....

well like the title says,  i may trade the sss for a 05 silver srt 10 quad cab.  it has 7,236 miles on it and is completly loaded.... i owe $14,000 on the sss and they want my truck and $13,000..... basically they are giving me $20,000 for my truck and selling the srt for $33,000.... this truck is a real cherry and looks good.... what do you guys think?

I drove one, and granted... I'm more than a little partial. It runs like a streak of crap. It's absolutely awesome, for performance. However, there's so many little details that I didn't like. The interior feels so... cheap, and chincy. Just my opinion. But some of the Dodge boys (the honest ones) are saying the same thing.

Chevy isn't much better

I'de say go for it if it's what you want man. definately sharp trucks.

MPG was a big turn off for me. I thought for $50K the interior should have been better. If the SS was a real quad cab it would have been lether. But who knows, GM likes to cut corners on the SS. The original 2 door SS(never produced or sold) came with crap seats and only the basics.

Do what is right for you. Everyone has their opinion on the cosmetic details...but it is what suits you. I recently traded my SS for a Titan and I like the Titan interior better then the SS (minus the nice front seats). A vehicle is a personal choice of tastes and all that matters is that you are satisfied with what you drive.

Every make of vehicle has their "problems" or "cheap features" IMHO...at least all that I have looked at.

Good luck.

Do what is right for you.  Everyone has their opinion on the cosmetic details...but it is what suits you.  I recently traded my SS for a Titan and I like the Titan interior better then the SS (minus the nice front seats).  A vehicle is a personal choice of tastes and all that matters is that you are satisfied with what you drive.

Every make of vehicle has their "problems" or "cheap features" IMHO...at least all that I have looked at.

Good luck.

:withstupid: Every car company has their good and bad points. I've worked for both Ford and GM dealers, and I can honestly say that one is not really that much better than the other in the over all scheme of things. Personally, I like GM vehicles the best, but that's my opinion. The Dodge trucks are nice, and 500HP would be sweet. If that's what you want, then go for it. :thumbs: