May trade the sss for a srt 10 quad cab...

HOLSTEIN

your stupid i think inside and out there ugly cheap and CHINCY!!!!!  yea they got 500 hp holy moly....and even if i was to get one for free i damn sure wouldnt get the quad cab those just look ****in retarded.  :nonod:

Some thought needs to be put in before posting... :nono:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SRT-10 isnt practical for what i do... i mean they are a cool truck and all, but i like to go out in the woods on occasion, and actually get around in the snow and ice... if your from an area where all you do is drive it on pavement and throw a grociery bag in the bed every once in a while, i would buy the Dodge... the 500 hp would have me grinning ear to ear... but like i said before, i'm not a fan of the dash or the steering wheel... the seats, however, i realy like... they are pretty comfy and they look bad-ass... but not quite as cool as drako's seats :D

Man what ever you do dont listen to any body that goes by 1st dodge or Mopar guy. That will tell you right there they arent playin with a full deck. Each to there own. Opions are like assholes every 1 has 1. Dont get rid of the SS for a gas eater that isnt that much faster than the SS and it doesnt look as good either. You will regret it. :chevy:

Man.......I go away for a day and this happens! :) I am a couple sandwiches shy of a picnic. :jester:

Since I have owned both the SS and the SRT-10, I will do a side by side comparison of them:

The SS interior was not really that nice, pretty much the same as all Silverados, with a few SS badges. I had problems with wind noise on the SS, that they never could fix.

The SRT has some things I like and some I don't, the seats are sweet, more room than the SS, 4 full doors. The stereo is nicer than the SS, the SRT has navigation, but it is horrible. I have had 0 problems with this truck, except the squeaky brakes.

I think that it is hit or miss with every automaker, I think you can get a bad Mercedes or BMW, the key is the customer service that you get when you do have a problem. I have owned nothing but GM trucks before this truck and had very few problems with my other trucks, my wife has had nothing but GM cars and has had nothing but problems with hers, except the Saturn she owned.(120,000 miles, not one problem)

Just my .02 cents. :thumbs:

Man what ever you do dont listen to any body that goes by 1st dodge or Mopar guy. That will tell you right there they arent playin with a full deck. Each to there own. Opions are like assholes every 1 has 1. Dont get rid of the SS for a gas eater that isnt that much faster than the SS and it doesnt look as good either. You will regret it. :chevy:

Man.......I go away for a day and this happens! :) I am a couple sandwiches shy of a picnic. :jester:

Since I have owned both the SS and the SRT-10, I will do a side by side comparison of them:

The SS interior was not really that nice, pretty much the same as all Silverados, with a few SS badges. I had problems with wind noise on the SS, that they never could fix.

The SRT has some things I like and some I don't, the seats are sweet, more room than the SS, 4 full doors. The stereo is nicer than the SS, the SRT has navigation, but it is horrible. I have had 0 problems with this truck, except the squeaky brakes.

I think that it is hit or miss with every automaker, I think you can get a bad Mercedes or BMW, the key is the customer service that you get when you do have a problem. I have owned nothing but GM trucks before this truck and had very few problems with my other trucks, my wife has had nothing but GM cars and has had nothing but problems with hers, except the Saturn she owned.(120,000 miles, not one problem)

Just my .02 cents. :thumbs:

I think 1stdodge has alot of "Street Cred" on this site, as he's been around here for a while, and owned both trucks.

Also a very true statement about hit and miss with the automakers. As far as customer service, that depends alot on the dealer, and how far they're willing to go. Hwever, there does need to be a better factory to dealer communication/network system in place to help better serve the customers, imho. That's been my experience with the domestic automakers, on the other hand, the European and Japanese seem to have a better hold on this issue.

The factories are always watching dealers warranty totals, and some need to be watched because of people (dealers) cheating the system to line their pockets. So, because of that some dealers may not warrant some things, because they're afraid of "Getting in trouble". But, if a customer has a warrantable problem, and under bumper to bumper that's anything in the car, it should be fixed. Period.

Not a SRT but we bought a Dodge Charger Police Vehicle with the "Hemi" to see how they are. So far we've had to have the front rotors and pads replaced, officers started complaining about squealing and a shudder at around 3k. One pad was cracked. While it was sitting in the shop waiting for parts the tranny was leaking fluid and they had to replace a seal in the tranny.

Not so good so far for only about 7k on the clock. :dunno:

Let me put the brand bashing into perspective from MY point of view.

Who here likes Corvettes? Who likes the new Z06 Corvette?

The C6 Corvettes have a few problems, but one of the most notable and highest exposure problems they have encountered is the roofs delaminating, and coming apart. It's quite a problem actually, many instances, and these are body parts that can fly into traffic.

So I ask, from a "brand bashing" point of view, are all Corvettes "junk", or are all Chevrolets "junk", or are all GM products "junk"..?

Somebody send me their C6 Zo6 when the roof comes apart, I would love to drive it, and don't care if it's got a problem. Or two. Or more....

I like the cars, and once the problems are fixed with them, all the better.

:dunno:

Raise your hands if you would say NO to a Ford GT, just because it had sone fairly serious suspension recalls....

Who would turn down a free one? Who would turn down an offer to drive it for a weekend? (It's got a FORD badge on it, remember... ;) )

:lol:

...Who would turn down a free one?
Nobody is handing Holstein a free truck. But I understand and agree with the point you are trying to make, it all comes down to trading costs. Both products are nice, I can see the pros/cons of either one. I think the initial pricing of the Dodge was outta this world, but now in the low-30's yeah I think that's actually a decent place to start (financially) with that truck.

IMO it all comes out even in the wash (give or take). If you take ALL the costs of buying/fueling/upkeep/fixing/improving/modding both trucks I bet that the end total invested will be very close. But the SSS would still be cheapest I think because assuming the SRT-10 gets 9mpg and the SSS gets 14mpg the Dodge owner will spend $12,000 more in gasoline than the SSS owner over 100K-miles, but the SSS owner will probably have to invest that $12K into vehicle improvements to put the two in the same class. And both trucks would be equally nice. Both trucks have their pitfalls and ailments so to me it's just a matter of picking your poison.

I know that for me personally when I'm "done" with my SS I will have spent just as much as if I bought & improved the SRT-10.

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Not a SRT but we bought a Dodge Charger Police Vehicle with the "Hemi" to see how they are. So far we've had to have the front rotors and pads replaced, officers started complaining about squealing and a shudder at around 3k. One pad was cracked. While it was sitting in the shop waiting for parts the tranny was leaking fluid and they had to replace a seal in the tranny.

Not so good so far for only about 7k on the clock. :dunno:

Dodge is notorious for having warped rotors. (i used to own a WJ for a few years and i was on a few boards) dodge rotors blow. my brothers new jeep grand cherokee has all these problems...its probably a lemon so ill just comment on the rotors. which was true for him and thousands of others on other forums and in my experience.

and its true about customer service....my experience was HORRIBLE. if i didnt need a car right then and there i mightve walked right out of the place. i have many issues with the dealership but thats not really the point.

my opinion still stands if you want you go for it. its a high performance vehicle that is pretty damn sweet. it has more space then a SSS and if it works out for you and you just feel like getting a new vehicle then enjoy :)

.............The dealer down here has a black '05 quad-cab SRT-10 with only 28 miles on the odometer...(never owned).............asking price is $36,000.00....price is slightly negotiable according to the salesman..... :lol: Might go in this morning and test drive it .....just for S&G's.............. :devil: