May trade the sss for a srt 10 quad cab...

HOLSTEIN

I can not believe someone with an SS (with fake leather back seats), said the SRT interior is chincy!! I guess I am not honest!  :jester:  :jester:

well i guess gm did something right by not putting a wing on their trucks... :crackup:

although i do agree with you... the vinyl back seat is hella ugly and cheap... almost as ugly and cheap as... the ram dash :jester:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not believe someone with an SS (with fake leather back seats), said the SRT interior is chincy!! I guess I am not honest!  :jester:  :jester:

well i guess gm did something right by not putting a wing on their trucks... :crackup:

although i do agree with you... the vinyl back seat is hella ugly and cheap... almost as ugly and cheap as... the ram dash :jester:

Ultimatley the descision is up to you, but I have friends with doges and I have also driven chrystler products and they just do not seem to hold together over time. Those are just my and my friends experiences so take them with a grain of salt.

I've sat in an SRT10 QuadCab, and even though my newest vehicle I own right now is a 1973, so my opinion *might* be biased (brand too :lol: ) I thought the SRT10 interior was VERY nice.

:dunno:

I'm out of place on a Chevy board saying this.... but Dodges have never let me down, and I abuse the MoPars I've owned pretty nastily.

Never owned an SRT10, but I would jump at one at the chance, and especially at that price. The ones I see are all $50,000+ Canadian, plus taxes upon taxes. (Canada, eh? :lol: )

i dont think things should be resorted to name calling....a brand is a brand you have brand loyalties. a few years ago...(in 2003) i was actually seriously looking at the quad cab rams. i think they are very nice cars. at the end of the day i got a SSS im happy with my descion. however i cant just outright call a car obscene and a failure of mechanical engineering and design.

except the pontiac aztek....

and the wierd isuzu one....

I met a guy Satutday, at a gathering that just bought one (only a month old). I was talking to him and said he was not to happy with the quality of it, his exact words were "it's a fast peice of crap". He knew I had the SS and said he wanted one but the dealer only had an 03 that was not taken care of. He said it has already been in the dealer a few times. My friends were trying to get him to run me, he didn't want any part of it, I think he knew I had the bottle and ye it was full :D .

Ultimatley the descision is up to you, but I have friends with doges and I have also driven chrystler products and they just do not seem to hold together over time. Those are just my and my friends experiences so take them with a grain of salt.

:withstupid: I see this all the time at my shop. Chryler vehicles do not hold up over time. They dont age well at all.

Man what ever you do dont listen to any body that goes by 1st dodge or Mopar guy. That will tell you right there they arent playin with a full deck. Each to there own. Opions are like assholes every 1 has 1. Dont get rid of the SS for a gas eater that isnt that much faster than the SS and it doesnt look as good either. You will regret it. :chevy:

I almost bought a SRT-10 Quad Cab a while back. I can see where your coming from, it has a big motor, great exhaust rumble and hauls ass for a stock truck. I actually like the exterior styling of the truck. The only complaints I had was that it only came rwd. The interior is worse than the Gm products in my opinion but not by much. I think if you get a good deal on it, which I think you did, I wouldn't mind having one. A few of my friends bought the SRT-10 and I alsmot bought one and the best price we could get up here was $65,000 canadian for the QC SRT-10. I really didn't want to buy the truck for that much. I recently bought the SRT8 jeep and one thing bad I will say about mopar is that the fit and finish are just not up to par with the General. Some of my moldings don't match up perfectly and the paint on the bottom of the driver door is not smooth, looks like theres a chunk of extra metal on the door. Buy what pleases you,.

I see this all the time at my shop. Chryler vehicles do not hold up over time. They dont age well at all.

:lol:

Sour.

Grapes?

;)

9 years as a GM mechanic and you see Chrysler that have not held up "all the time" at your work...?

:icon_bs:

Actually it's the same in my shop were the trucks are used like trucks, the dodges are by far our biggest pos that break the most and have the most problems out of the gm's and fords.I would rather drive our fords that are over 12 years old and have twice the mileage and that have seen twice the abuse compared to our two dodges that are not even 6 years old and half the mileage.

i dont think things should be resorted to name calling....

:withstupid:

I like any NICE car/truck of any brand. I dislike the ones I think aren't so great, of ANY brand.

:dunno:

:withstupid: The name calling is not neccessary. I think all car companies made quality and junk. It's really all a matter of opinion.