Corvette Z07, SS, Stingray...

SoCalSS

First off, I am no engine builder/engineer whatever, but I am sure you can throw some PSI in the LS7 with no problems.  I am sure it has already been done... anyone ?? 

Also, this is most likely not the final body of the car.  They are using a Z06 (you can see the badging on the side) as a test mule for the powertrain.  The hood was needed because of the different block and blower.  The body has probably not even hit the prototype stages, let alone needed to be driven outside in the open when they have perfectly capable Z06 chassis/bodies laying around to fine tune the motor.

Going with Chevy's history... I bet the Corvette SS (or whatever its going to be called) will only have different badging, a new hood, and maybe some type of bumper changes, and embroidered seats.  Big deal.  For the price they are going to want for that, thats getting into the Ferrari/Lambo territory.  If you have 100K to blow on a vette, why not throw down 30-40K more and get a 360 Modena or Gallardo?

Agreed.

The other thing you touched on is the name: It seems that Chevy decides that if they need to get more sales out of a car, they throw on an SS name badge. It used to really be something when you had an SS. Now, it's wheels, and stickers.

I'm wondering how long it's gonna be before we see test articles on an Uplander SS. :(

Aveo SS !!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jester:

Id be happy with a Z06 w/ intake/long tubes/exhaust/cam/tune. I dont know about spending over $100K for a smaller motor with a blower. Then again... if it is already blown from the factory.. I wonder how much MORE boost you can mod it... small pulley change and tuning could get you over 60-70hp for cheap, and put you well over 700HP for 100K .. now thats a deal.