New Exhaust

vdrumright

For those of you that have been following my exhaust modifications, I have finally found a muffler that I'm happy with. Heres a refresher of what was previously done.

1. Removed stock muffler & tailpipe.

2. Installed Flopro MX336 muffler & dual out the rear pipes.

3. Removed flopro muffler & put stock muffler back on kept dual rears.( MX Series to loud in cab)

4. Removed stock muffler & installed Flopro 2504 ( Direct replacement muffler for the 6.0)

This is the muffler that I previously posted the information on.

After driving around with this muffler here is my opinion.

If your looking for a performance muffler without the in cab resonance, this is the muffler for you. No low end loss. Everything Don w/flopro was telling me about this muffler is true. Don also stated that they dyno tested a truck with this muffler and notice a 25HP increase. I wish I would have waited and had this one installed in the beginning. It is desgined as a direct replacement for our factory mufflers.

We also cut open a factory muffler to see what it looks like inside. I will be posting pictures soon.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad you are finally happy.  Can't wait to see those pics of the inside of the factory muffler!

Is the Flopro 2504 dual in dual out, or are you using the single factory tailpipe?

According to Flopro you have to use 2.5" duals exhaust pipeswith this muffler. ( dual out)

Glad you are finally happy.  Can't wait to see those pics of the inside of the factory muffler!

Is the Flopro 2504 dual in dual out, or are you using the single factory tailpipe?

:withstupid: ....how's the sound as well?..

A litle louder than factory under driving conditions. Nice raspy sound when reaved.

This is from a email from Flopro:

Quote" FYI. Did the dyno testing yesterday on our 2504

muffler with the dual 2 1/2" tail pipes. HP gains started at 25 and up. An

independent company performed these tests on a factory 6.0L gas pickup.

These are awesome numbers that can't be ignored. Especially for a

muffler that creates very minimal cab resonance which is very nice for an

everyday driver.

Good

luck with what ever you decide upon and thanks for

considering FLO~PRO.

Don"

I would like a peak at the dyno sheets. I'll ask for a copy.

Thanks for the email. Just what I wanted to hear. I'd like to see the dyno sheets too. Is this the dual 3" in / dual 2.5 out muffler?

Would you take some measurements of the muffler for us? I'd like to know what we need to do to get it welded in with the factory exhaust tips. Distance between center of each outlet would be helpful, as well as overall dimensions of the muffler.

Thanks for the email.  Just what I wanted to hear.  I'd like to see the dyno sheets too.  Is this the dual 3" in / dual 2.5 out muffler?

Would you take some measurements of the muffler for us?  I'd like to know what we need to do to get it welded in with the factory exhaust tips.  Distance between center of each outlet would be helpful, as well as overall dimensions of the muffler.

There is a member that works fo Flopro: floprodon

He can fill you in on all the tech stuff. He's a straight shooter. Be sure & tell him Vdrumright sent ya.....lol

And yes. it's dual 3" in dual 2.5" out.

I sent Don an email & ask him to come here & answer all of your questions.

SS Members,

Thanks for letting me discuss this subject in your forum. I hope I am not stepping out of my boundry's. This new muffler vdrumright is talking about fits up exactly to the original 3" inlets, which are 4.5" apart at center. The dual 2 1/2" outlets are 5 7/8" apart at center. The outlets are not designed to fit the factory tail pipe. They are designed for custom tail pipes that seem so popular running out the back now. The dyno results are real. Even the dyno test facility was suprised by the large increase from a simple muffler change. My test truck was a regular 6.0 and not the SS and I could feel the difference in performance, especially when going back to stock. Please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

floprodon

Sorry forgot to say. We built this muffler from the original size of 9" X 12" X 24". This muffler has double the volume inside of most other mufflers available. This volume is needed to reduce the resonance that is created from these HO engines which turns into interior cab noise. Also, in the original muffler, all the flow that enters the dual 3" inlets, is reduced inside the muffler to flow through a singe 2" pipe. I guess what I am saying is, we wanted to design a muffler that adds performance with any extra noise created to extending outside not inside. Some of you who have done other modifications know what I am talking about.

Thanks,

Don

Can I ask what you paid for the Flopro 2504? I have been really close to ordering the Flowmaster 530504, which is on sale for $96. If this is the same ballpark, I may consider it.

Can you compare the sound/volume of the Flopro to typical Flowmasters? I want something without resonance, but not too quiet. :smash:

Archived