New Exhaust

vdrumright

Can I ask what you paid for the Flopro 2504? I have been really close to ordering the Flowmaster 530504, which is on sale for $96. If this is the same ballpark, I may consider it.

Can you compare the sound/volume of the Flopro to typical Flowmasters? I want something without resonance, but not too quiet. :smash:

I paid $239.00 for the muffler installed. That did not include the dual tail pipes. I already had those installed. The sound is between stock & a flowmaster. All the sound increase is outside the cab. Definate no interior resonance. I also noticed that my truck performs better from bottom end to top end. I tried the flomaster type mufflers to start with and took them off after 2 days. Too much interior resonance and felt a loss in bottom end power. I was hesitant about paying this kind of money for a muffler, but I took a chance an it paid off.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much for just the muffler?

I paid $225.00.

Is the flopro stainless for $225? I am willing to pay for a quality muffler, but the flowmaster is less than half as much.

Please direct all you questions concering the price, construction, ect. to Don at Flopro. Here is a link to his email.: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...p?showuser=2915

I am only a SS owner that purchased one of these. I was looking for a performance muffler that didn't have the interior resonance like the others.

At first I thought it was kinda high in price, but now that I have it installed, it's worth it in my opinion. I wasted several hunderd dollars on flowmaster type mufflers on my ss already. I wish I would have gone with this muffler to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from the muffler shop today. I got the dual in dual out Flowmaster. I have had Flows on three other vehicles so i went with what i knew. I am well satisfied with the sound i got. I am leaving here in a couple hours to go to the local dragstrip and see what i can do after the exhaust and the k&n drop filter. Thats the only modifications i have done so far. I also saw on a post here that of the two outlet pipes one was a dummy pipe? I looked at the muffler and it had two outlets on it. We didnt cut the muffler but it definetly had two usable pipes coming out the backside. :cool:

I just got back from the muffler shop today. I got the dual in dual out Flowmaster. I have had Flows on three other vehicles so i went with what i knew. I am well satisfied with the sound i got. I am leaving here in a couple hours to go to the local dragstrip and see what i can do after the exhaust and the k&n drop filter. Thats the only modifications i have done so far. I also saw on a post here that of the two outlet pipes one was a dummy pipe? I looked at the muffler and it had two outlets on it. We didnt cut the muffler but it definetly had two usable pipes coming out the backside. :cool:

Yeah it's usable, if your'e looking to put on a fake dual exhuast..... :lol:

I just got back from the muffler shop today. I got the dual in dual out Flowmaster....

I assume you went with the 530504, the dual 3" in, dual 2.5" out Flowmaster? Where did you run the pipes, behind the tires, or straight out the back? Did you use an x-pipe as well? Please let us know how the resonance is in the cab also. Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make the right choice myself before I cut the exhaust of a $42k truck.

Oh, and good luck at the track!

redsilveradoss, How do you like the flowmaster? Did you feel any kind of performance increase or change in the powerband? I'm stuck between the Flowmaster 530504 and the FloPro 2504. The flowmaster is much more appealing pricewise. I found a site that is selling rear exit mandrel bent tailpipe kits for $102.

I really like the Flowmaster. I thought since i didnt have an x or h pipe put in i would lose some low end torque. I could not tell any difference other than the low rumble sound it gave. The in cab resonance is not bad. At interstate speeds it is barely noticable. A slight press on the pedal though and it groans out loud. I had the muffler guy run the pipes out the rear and i got the stainless steel tips on them. Dual pipes with dual outlet tips that are 3" and angle cut. So it looks like 4 3"inch pipes out the rear. I thought a lot about cutting the exhaust off this truck too. The best time i ran at the strip (1/4 mile the first 3 runs 1/8 mile the last time) was 9.81 @72.22 mph (1/8 times on the 1/4 mile track) and tonight the best time was 9.65 @72.99 mph. So i would say it did help some. The temp and humidity was about the same too. Muffler pipes and tips cost me 380.00. I am pleased witht the results at the track and the sound too. :cheers:

i went from dual glasspacks to a flowmaster dual 40 delta setup...the glasspacks lost a lot of the low end torque...the flowmaster gave it all back..and the overall sound didn't change much...a little quieter...a heck of a lot less noise in the cab...that is good seeing as i was going deaf from the drown of the glasspacks...not to mention my stereo... :D

Archived