Sad Day....totaled

backinblack

Well boys, my truck is gone she got nailed by some ass running a red light. My girl was driving it becasue I had taken her car to work today to get the oil changed. She was excited too becasue I never let her drive it and she loves that thing. Well she called me in tears some ass ran a red light and slammed the passenger side. I stopped by and looked at it on my way home, I can't see them fixing it. He caught the front of the bed and the passenger side of the cab. I guess he hit at an angle and kinda spun into it, she wasn't real sure. It's smashed from the passenger door all the way back to the bed. Most importantly my girl is ok, she's pretty shaken up and was really scared to tell me, she thought I was going to be mad at her. I didn't take any pictures, sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to take a picture of her looking like that. Instead here's the last picture I took of her

Picture003.jpg

Now comes decision time, the truck was paid off so I've got a pretty decent check coming. We traded a 03 SS that was identical to mine the other day, I can buy that one for 20 or maybe I'll get a TBSS? :dunno: I bought a 04 trailblazer a little while back to run around in, so I may just drive that for a while. I dunno....sucks

Edited by backinblack (see edit history)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow man, im glad your girl is ok. i dont know what i do in your situation though....good thing the truck is paid off. good thing you didnt take pics....i was never a fan of carnege pics either.

sucks a lot :sigh:

hey man, glad to here your girl is ok. that is my worst nightmare though. atleast your truck didn't have 20k in performance parts and 10K in electronics on it. i'm taking out a custom policy just in case that happens to me. good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted on what I end up doing. I'm thinking I'm just going to put the money in the bank and wait till spring to buy anything. I'll still be around here though, too many good people on this site to leave, plus I've got way too many posts to give up now :D

Well, it sucks the truck got hit but at least your daughter is OK, that's all that counts.

Hopefully things work out to your advantage as far as the insurance.

Girlfriend not daughter, no kids for me yet. Course I'm only 25 so even if I had some they wouldn't be driving yet. :D

Tough break man ... best thing is that your girlie is ok ... I've been down that road ( except the paid off truck part :D )

My girl took my truck because the roads were icy and slick

7.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

Just be glad she was in a solid vehicle like the Silverado ... it is a good crash safety vehicle.