Overhaulin'

Bowtie70SS

I for one am sick of Overhaulin' doing cars for people who can obviously afford them. Right now they're doing one for Nick Lachey's brother. How about doing a car for some poor father of 5 with a car he's had since high school. I do like overhaulin normally but who cares about celebrity cars. I just wish they'd keep it real

Dave

Im with you brother and wathching that episode as I type this.This poor little rich boy cant even bring his truck to a shop to have it looked at for a hot starting problem.What happened to shows about obvious car people,the kind that actually bust their knuckles working on their rides being fortunate enough to have their cars redone by someone like Foose?,not trying to sound like a hater but it contradicts the whole point of the show.Remember the rich always stick together.

I for one am sick of Overhaulin' doing cars for people who can obviously afford them. Right now they're doing one for Nick Lachey's brother. How about doing a car for some poor father of 5 with a car he's had since high school. I do like overhaulin normally but who cares about celebrity cars. I just wish they'd keep it real

Dave

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.

One thing you guys don't understand about that show is there is still a lot of cost involved to either the "insider" or the owner of the car. Lets say they redo your car and now it's appraised that the work that was performed was worth $60K you now owe the taxes on that $60k once you get your car back. So it's not cheap by any means. Yeah you get a killer deal but it's still gonna cost you quite a bit.

One thing you guys don't understand about that show is there is still a lot of cost involved to either the "insider" or the owner of the car. Lets say they redo your car and now it's appraised that the work that was performed was worth $60K you now owe the taxes on that $60k once you get your car back. So it's not cheap by any means. Yeah you get a killer deal but it's still gonna cost you quite a bit.

I bet they didn't know about that before they start crying. :crackup:

Nick Lachey's brother Pfffffffftttttt. I'm a poor father of 4, all girls! just for that I should be Overhauled.

Edited by Pasadena SS (see edit history)

so you would pay capital gains on 60K or pay $21000 for your car back :dunno:

I would really like to know what they end up paying for, with all the advertizing they do the mark should not have to pay. If anybody has more anout this please post.

Dave

I agree, i think it's just not right to do something like that for a person that can afford to do it for themselves without even flinching at what the cost would be.The principle of this show when it started was to redo cars for people that in no way could ever do it for themselves with things like kids and bills coming first.

Best eposode by far was one of the first hemi cars they did and the guy cried when they poped the hood and a brand new hemi was sitting in it, thats what is nice to see a guy getting something like that that would never in a million years be able to do such a thing like that for himself!Not some silver spoon a-hole who says wow thanks and goes and parks it inbetween his m-5 and f-40!

Sound like a little wealth envy. Its there show and they can do what they please. Turn the channel if you don't like it.

I dont think its wealth envy...it looks more like social responsibility. If anything i believe that instead of celebrities bringing in thier cars they should give them away to those who need. good publicity and a good thing to do. But thats just my opinion if they got money more power to them, but you have to feel a bit of guilt when you roll around in $200,000 wheels when there are people dying in your own state, of hunger.

Edited by drako (see edit history)

Sound like a little wealth envy. Its there show and they can do what they please. Turn the channel if you don't like it.

I dont think its wealth envy...it looks more like social responsibility. If anything i believe that instead of celebrities bringing in thier cars they should give them away to those who need. good publicity and a good thing to do. But thats just my opinion if they got money more power to them, but you have to feel a bit of guilt when you roll around in 200,000 wheels when there are people dying in your own state of hunger.

:withstupid: Put the Richy Rich cars on Boyd's show and get the fantasy back to the people that can't do it themselves.