c.a.i's

You forgot about the new GM Performance Parts CAI.  It is part number 17801346.  You don't have to worry about oil on your MAF with this kit.  Here are some pics.

The kit contents

Install pic 1

Install pic 2

Install pic 3

Install pic 4

Install pic 5

Mike

This is the one I'll be using too, whenever I scrape up the cash. They are nice looking. :thumbs::thumbs:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run the volant and the vararam vr6. The vararm is currently installed. The volant looks better but with the lower scoop on the volant I have had more crap in my air box like cigarette wrappers etc. So i am split 50/50 between the two.

You forgot about the new GM Performance Parts CAI.  It is part number 17801346.  You don't have to worry about oil on your MAF with this kit.  Here are some pics.

The kit contents

Install pic 1

Install pic 2

Install pic 3

Install pic 4

Install pic 5

Mike

How well do that GMPP box seem to perform over the stock unit? Was there any of the usaul * for off road use only* crap on the box when you got it? I have been thinking about getting. Do you remember if it is 50 state legal? Being stuck in the Peoples Republic Of Kalifornia I want to make sure I cover my butt :sigh:

Edited by Badkarma (see edit history)

The kit contents

Install pic 1

Install pic 2

Install pic 3

Install pic 4

Install pic 5

Mike

How well do that box seem to perform over the stock unit? Was there any of the usaul * for off road use only* crap on the box when you got it? I have been thinking about getting. Do you remember if it is 50 state legal? Being stuck in the Peoples Republic Of Kalifornia I want to make sure I cover my butt :sigh:

i know the outlaw is cali legal. i have my sticker right in the engine bay as i too am in the dreaded terminator's state.

How well do that  GMPP box seem to perform over the stock unit? Was there any of the usaul * for off road use only* crap on the box when you got it? I have been thinking about getting. Do you remember if it is 50 state legal? Being stuck in the Peoples Republic Of Kalifornia I want to make sure I cover my butt  :sigh:

Well I have not owned many CAI's, but the GMPP kit seemed to give the truck better top end, but might have actually hurt low end (off the line) performance. I think this is typical of most CAI kits. I have not put my truck back on the dyno since the CAI install, so I have no hard numbers. I really like the kit. It is well built and looks really good under the hood. There is a WOOOO noise when taking off at WOT now. I think you can hear the engine through the intake.

The kit does come with a sticker that has a CARB number (if that is the right term). I put mine in the file cabinet, since I live in a free state.

Mike

Awsome. Just what I wanted to hear man.I actually like that intake. I wonder if a dealer could give you crap about using it, like they try to with other aftermaket ones. Also like the idea of a dry filter, hmm think those filters will interchange with other cai's? Like Volant? What did you get it for?, If you dont mind my asking. I looked around a little and the best price I could find was 309 at Pace performance.

Awsome. Just what I wanted to hear man.I actually like that intake. I wonder if a dealer could give you crap about using it, like they try to with other aftermaket ones. Also like the idea of a dry filter, hmm think those filters will interchange with other cai's? Like Volant? What did you get it for?, If you dont mind my asking. I looked around a little and the best price I could find was  309 at Pace performance.

I bought mine at Pace. They had the best price by a large margin. The filter is a standard 4" diameter, 9" long, so I think you have a large choice of filters you could use. I am going to use the paper one because I don't want to fight with the dealer over warranty issues if my MAF got fouled. I don't think the dealer would have a leg to stand on if they tried to weasel out of warranty work when you installed a GM part. They market the thing, so how can they say it voids your warranty?

Mike

K&N FIPK... No problems and noticable improvement to performance. :D

I agree, K&N 57-series FIPK. :chevy: Better peformance, sound, and fuel ecomomy. No problems either. The MAF sensor problems occur if you over oil the K&N after cleaning it. I had that problem on my Grand Prix GTP.

I agree, K&N 57-series FIPK. :chevy: Better peformance, sound, and fuel ecomomy. No problems either. The MAF sensor problems occur if you over oil the K&N after cleaning it. I had that problem on my Grand Prix GTP.

whats the different between the 57 series and the 77 series?

I found the 77 series on ebay for 165

whats the different between the 57 series and the 77 series?

I found the 77 series on ebay for 165

The 57-series is not as much for looks as the 77-series is. The 57 series is black plastic, while the 77 series is polished. As far as I know they are identical in how they work. Jegs sells the 57-Series for around $250. I picked the 57-series because it matched the rest of the plastic crap under the hood and blended in better. Either way you won't be sorry you bought it. Good Luck with your choice. :cheers: