c.a.i's

well im getting a cai soon but i need to know which is good. i heard k&n isnt that good because the oil in the filter F's up the m.a.s. i was also thinking of that new fram boost 02. its says a gain of like 16hp. and that volant looks good but its expensive. any other good ones. or which do you think is the best.

thanks kyle

p.s i should be making a little hp gains with this right?

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems there over 10 different cai for our trucks now, imo a closed box that gets cold air will work best or a ram air hood with a k&n fipk style cai work well, i have an outlaw and when tested on the same supercharger set up had some nice gains. but for looks volant wins, they are the only two i would consider.

it seems there over 10 different cai for our trucks now, imo a closed box that gets cold air will work best or a ram air hood with a k&n fipk style cai work well, i have an outlaw and when tested on the same supercharger set up had some nice gains. but for looks volant wins, they are the only two i would consider.

I agree :thumbs:

:withstupid: I'm running the Outlaw and like it :)

You forgot about the new GM Performance Parts CAI. It is part number 17801346. You don't have to worry about oil on your MAF with this kit. Here are some pics.

The kit contents

Install pic 1

Install pic 2

Install pic 3

Install pic 4

Install pic 5

Mike

:withstupid: I'm running the Outlaw and like it :)

:withstupid: I have the outlaw, also...

• 2 weeks later...

i was just gonna ask the same question and then cam upon this thread. i love this site. i was gonna do k&n initially, but now i'm not sure. i've looked into the Volant and they aren't cheap. i gotta check out the Outlaw now.

:dunno: