Custom SS Roll Pan

You guys are correct it is a 16" but the overall size is the same as the 20". Anyway we will try acouple of options once we get the pan installed.

We did our first brainstorm on the new pan and decided we don't want to come straight across on the bottom. The cladding is several inces lower than the stock sheet metal and if we just go flush with it we'll end up with a big wind catcher.

We decided to give it a contoured look. it will be flush with the cladding at the ends then curve up to the level of a stanard roll pan. Similar to what you see on a vette. This will also give us a great place for a dual ehaust exit. Vette tips might look cool. Ducts like you see on the Street Scene roll pan would be nice but very tough to duplicate out of steel :sigh: And the ducts on the front are way to big to go in the rear (they will fit but look way out of porportion).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanx for the pic we will let you know soon what our initial choice will be. We may make 2 styles and decide which looks best, who knows where we will end up.

The rise won't be quite that dramatic and stretch farther accross the truck. At least the first attempt will be done this way. We may decide it's crap and start over; this is definatly trial and error.

1416-2.jpg

I'll add another later If I find one with more of a rear shot.

This might give you a better idea since it's closer to the production model

You'll have to brighten it up to see it better.

Zippy don't look, it'll give you an empty feeling in the pit of your stomach.

intro.jpg

rear.jpg

Thanx for the pic it's exactly what I was loooking for. Reproducing those ducts is gonna be a real pain, but we are gonna give it a try. But we may have to settle for a straight pan. I hope to the first prototype ready to test fit by Christmas.

If only GM would produce those rear panels for the cladding so that we could put a roll pan on there. Personally I think the exhaust things in the rear or whatever they are supposed to be look dumb. Just a smooth roll pan would look a lot better. Too bad the cladding is plastic, you cant weld in a roll pan to really make it look clean back there, oh well. hopefully someone will come out with something good

Ok, We've completed the rough installed roll pan. No ducts....we tried but it never looked right so we completed it smooth and will think about the exhaust ducts later.

My main problem is i can't seem to figure out how to post a picture on this forum; anyone able to point me in the right direction?

If only GM would produce those rear panels for the cladding so that we could put a roll pan on there. Personally I think the exhaust things in the rear or whatever they are supposed to be look dumb. Just a smooth roll pan would look a lot better. Too bad the cladding is plastic, you cant weld in a roll pan to really make it look clean back there, oh well. hopefully someone will come out with something good

:chevy: Just a thought for you, why not pull the cladding and do some fiberglass work on it to make the rear of the cladding correct so that it will meet the roll pan.

Or, you could create a new rear cladding piece out of all fiberglass. Think about it, it seems like it would be easier to modify the lower quarter cladding than try to change the rollpan. I'll tell you what, if my garage was 6" shorter, I would be into this project with you guys in a heart beat! Sound like fun.

shopman1

Here we go; my first pics of the new roll pan. Still have to do a little clean up and final fiiting then paint.

RollPan003.jpg

RollPan007.jpg

RollPan010.jpg

In 2 or 3 days the final installation should be complete. We will be installing the hidden hitch mon. or tues. and the spare relocator as soon as it arrives.

More to follow stay tuned :smash:

Archived