Hello from the UK

eamonnschevy

Hello from the UK.

I've been lurking on here occasionally since way back in 2004 when i wanted to buy a SS, but at that time i couldn't afford one so just dreamed about the day i could have one and i settled with a c1500 2000 Silverado LT 5.3 Long bed which i bought on ebay and had shipped to the UK, its been my daily driver ever since and I've really enjoyed owning it... But always wanted a SS in Black coz they're faster lol

Anyway

My wife and I had been saving for a 5th wheel caravan and considering selling our truck and buying a 2500 or 3500 to tow it... that was until i found my way back on here, reading about all the SS's made me want one again, and my lovely wife said "What the Heck" there's nothing wrong with our regular trailer "Go for It" get a SS...So the cash we'd saved for a 5th wheeler went into the SS Fund, Then by chance on a UK forum i use someone asked whats best Chevy or Dodge, well with me being a Chevy man )for over 25 years) i replied Chevy of course, his next question was where can i Buy a Good one, Mines for sale i said and after viewing my truck a deal was done :driving:

Cash i hand All i needed to do then was find my perfect SS truck, Well to cut a long story short, i am flying out to the USA on Wednesday to finalise the deal on my new truck :D:D:D .

I 'll tell you more and post pictures as soon as it's mine.

I have enjoyed reading your posts on here and will become a regular poster once I've got my own SS.

Thanks for all you help (even though you didn't know i was reading lol)

all the best for Now

Eamonnschevy

Heres a pic of my Old Chevy Truck some of you might recognise me from Chevy Truck World.

231913.jpg

Edited by eamonnschevy (see edit history)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the warm welcome Guys,I'm sure i'll enjoy it here, whats not to enjoy :confused:

Chevy SS Trucks sounds like heaven to me :thumbs::driving:

Since I've been lurking since 04 guess its really time i became a supporting member, do i get a decal??? :cool:

all the best

eamonn

Welcome (Cheerio),

I have no damn clue how you will keep an SS full of gas in the UK but I am happy to hear you got one and held out for the truck you wanted. I did the same thing minus the fight across the pond to pick it up.

I think I'm going to enjoy this site, you all sound friendly esp as I'm a Brit lol but i have been driving Chevy's for over 25 years, and spend as much time on vacation in the USA as possible, and have met some really great folks thanks to forums like this.

Yea Barney Gas is a bit expensive over here about 95p per liter or £4.32 a UK gallon or $8.35 but the UK Gallon is a little bit bigger than the US one, but were taxed to death on everything here in the UK so we get used to it, we also pay Road Tax £195 ($377)per Year and have yearly inspection which costs £50.52(97.83) + any repairs and retest if it fails (i look after my truck and do preventative maintenance so i don't fail this test very often, lol)

Why Thank You Kim, i guess you're a bit of a rarity a girl with a SS, but I'm all for this equality stuff Girls with trucks are cool and with fast trucks even cooler I'm gonna have to hide the keys when i get mine back in the UK or Heidi my wife will be stealing it lol...

all the best

eamonn

welcome mate.

hope you enjoy the SSS. Better have the checkbook ready again for mods though.

My best friend is from Manchester, how far are you from there?

I know i will... i've wanted one since first seeing one on the Chevrolet website, had that picture as wall paper for over a year till i got my 2000LT..which leads onto Mods

LOL AHHHH Mods my favoriye hobby lol hopefully i'll picking up a few mods to ship home with the truck, i can't belive my luck my wife has sent me to arrange the truck without her lol think i might be in trouble when i get back home :nono:

i live abou 220 miles from Manchester, does he drive a SS or American Car? coz we have quite a few car shows in the UK during the summer and a couple of good drag Strips :driving:

Eamonn