Hunting

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are ruthless...why would you kill an innocent deer...makes no sense... :mad:

way back when... i had a deer look at me wrong :wtf: ....ever since then....just had a thing for killing them. :devil:

Edited by Oo p0op oO (see edit history)

I don't think rifle hunting deer is much of a sport. In Iowa, there's only bow and shotgun seasons. Hefty fines and harsh penalties come with being caught killing a deer with a rifle here. I just don't see how it's even remotely sporty to be able to kill a deer from that far away.

They dont limit rifles in Iowa because of the sport factor, they limit them because of how far a rifle bullet can travel and still kill. A rifle bullet, like a 30-06, can travel well over a mile and still have a velocity of over 1,000 feet per second, enough to penetrate flesh and kill someone. If a rifle bullet ricochets off of a tree or something, its going a long ways before settling to earth. Shotgun and muzzlloader bullets are much slower initially and will not travel near as far.

They dont limit rifles in Iowa because of the sport factor, they limit them because of how far a rifle bullet can travel and still kill. A rifle bullet, like a 30-06, can travel well over a mile and still have a velocity of over 1,000 feet per second, enough to penetrate flesh and kill someone.  If a rifle bullet ricochets off of a tree or something, its going a long ways before settling to earth.  Shotgun and muzzlloader bullets are much slower initially and will not travel near as far.

I'm not saying they limit them in Iowa because of the sport factor. I'm saying that I don't think it's very sporty in my opinion. I know why the limit them in Iowa.

Im not into killing animals for sport (just the hell of it) whatever i kill, i eat. Period. i wasnt the type of kid to burn ants or step on lizards. Animal lover at heart, but I love to eat meat! Dub if you get upset about killing animals read up (and watch videos) on how cows are killed in big slaughterhouses :puke: *didnt eat beef for a few weeks* Its the way of life, however at least if you kill your own meat (within moderation) its ok in my book and much more "humane"

I can't wait to get back to TX for my Christmas break. I am planning on doing some deer and wild hog hunting when I get there. Its going to be great to get out in the woods and do some hunting. I got myself a Remington 710 30-06. I have it set up at 300 yards, and its very accurate.

Went hunting this weekend in Ga. Saw quite a few bucks nothing gave me a good shoot. Ill keep after them tho. (AS for (DUB-ASS 26)If your not a vegan then ill speak for the rest of us hunters and say Shut the Hell up!) We dont say anything to you about eaten tacos 7 days a week.