Hunting

Well today is the start fior the rifle deer season in PA. If you are hunting be safe and good luck to everyone. If i Get a deer ill post pics. Anyways good luck to all hunters and remember one you shoot that gun that bullet can never be taken back so be sure of what you shoot.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rifle season opened in michigan on the 15th of November. Didnt get anything yet, but it isnt over. Got a 6pt with my bow second weekend in October. After rifle season, we have muzzleloading season in december and archery goes until the new year. I guess Ohio has a season until Feb. for archery, might hunt there as well.

I went with a friend deer hunting this weekend for the first time. I didn't have a tag, but it was sure fun watching. The best part was we didn't have to wald, we would chase the deer in the truck down section lines. Good times :thumbs:

Next year I am going to get a tag and shoot me a bambi or better yet his father.

Me and my old man both took mule deers over 200. His was 206 typical and mine was 202 non-typical. Both were shot within 1/2 mile of each other and they are definately related by how the horns curve and such.

Only shot a whitetail doe this year:)

Only had two days to hunt, so I was very happy to get what I did.

I passed up too many this year... I was holding out for a deer i saw last year... he was about a 180 class whitetail.... I saw him last year the day after i shot a medium sized deer.... :banghead: oh well... my girl shot a nice 6x6 (12 point for you easterner's) whitetail about two weeks ago...

Also just wondering what gun does everyone use to deer hunting. I have 5 deer rifles but my favorite is my winchester modle 70 308, i got the old classical remington 700bdl 30-06, winchester modle 70 243, a winchester modle 94 30-30, and last but not least for my last deer gun that is centerfire i got 7mm rem mag

Edited by AnAmerican Revolution (see edit history)

Remington 30-06. Knocks the big boys down just about all the time. I am gettting a .300win mag or 300 wsm after the season is over for longer range shooting. I wont go more than 150-200yds with my 30-06 and I have some opportunities for 300+ shots out of my rifle stand. I know the 30-06 can be accurate at those distances, but lacks energy when it gets there.

The good news is there have been reported sightings of a monster in our area, many have said a 12-14 pointer non typical, so I'm hunting all of december weekends and hope to catch him off guard if hes still around.

Next year I am going to get a tag and shoot me a bambi or better yet his father.

Bambi???!!!?!?!!? :tear::shakehead:

bambi.jpg

got no deer down here, well down in the keys we got a dwarf type of deer called key deer. (protected) here they are in thier mature full size glory.

09090909090909090909large-Handler-c.jpg