mp3 and stock sterio

impalarasser

pac audio has an auxillary input coming out soon...they say fall 2003 but it is not available yet. the part number is the auxgm24. download this...pac audio class2 guide btw i ordered the gm kit to add an external amp. it was about $50, and was a total plug and play solution. unplugged the connector to the factory amp (located under the center console) plugged the adapter in, and had 4 rca outputs to add external amps. nice!!! this is also available here at pac-audio. you need a aoem-gm24, a oem-1, and a amp-rca. i bought all this stuff from here. audio warehouse

YES. Factory amp still works, the original system is basically untouched. The aoem-gm24 goes between the radio and the amp. You are then presented with 4 sets of rca outputs. The aoem-gm24 is basically a level converter. If you are not into cutting and splicing, i think the $50 is well worth the price. The amp is easy to get to by removing the rear part of the center console. I did the whole thing in 30 minutes. I am awaiting the auxillary input so i can run an mp3 player also.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the console & amp info. i think the dealer played dumb when i asked about it because they said the amp wouldn't be in the console because that's what i asked because it only seemed logical but he said no but now i can tear into it and BYPASS it. i don't want it or the sub. i want to maybe sell it. anyone out there need a bose amp and sub. lol. all i want to do is install my aftermarket radio with my kenwood keg (mp3 player) with my amp and sub and it has been hell.

thanks for the console & amp info. i think the dealer played dumb when i asked about it because they said the amp wouldn't be in the console because that's what i asked because it only seemed logical but he said no but now i can tear into it and BYPASS it. i don't want it or the sub. i want to maybe sell it. anyone out there need a bose amp and sub. lol. all i want to do is install my aftermarket radio with my kenwood keg (mp3 player) with my amp and sub and it has been hell.

Aftermarket radio installs keep getting tougher. With all of the data somehow tied into the factory unit with OnStar, XM, chimes, etc, aftermarket interfaces keep taking longer and more expensive to produce. I priced Soundgates XM to Sirius module to a tune of $130 :eek:

I like the Music Keg though. :thumbs:

boy are you right. i finally got the damn thing out though. litebeer was right when he said it's easy to get to but it is NOT easy to take out. i couldn't even find the sub and wasn't gonna attempt to because both sides of the console attach to the center instrument panel one way or another. there are no holes for the sub that someone else spoke of either so i don't know what other systems exist out there. luckily i don't have on star or xm so it made a little cheaper but i still had to buy the $60 chime box harness to get the chimes which i am thinking of disabling cause it is kinda nice not having the chimes. so final results are i installed an aftermarket stereo and amp and bypassed the bose amp. i am also gonna order the adapter to keep my steering wheel controls. so if anyone out there needs to know which wires are for what. i got the info. take it easy

Archived