Now I'm beyond pissed

Jonmalibuss

Check out GM PN# 15197889 it retails for $56.98, and it fits the "B4U" option trucks only!!! It might look better than our stock VHO brackets??? It states "paint to match" as well.....

I think when cops/troopers pulled around or out and follow you for a few miles there are:

A). admiring a nice ride or occupant

or

B). Running your plates to check for warrants, etc.

Good luck in all this fellow VHO'er...

:flag:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out GM PN# 15197889 it retails for $56.98, and it fits the "B4U" option trucks only!!!  It might look better than our stock VHO brackets??? It states "paint to match" as well.....

I think when cops/troopers pulled around or out and follow you for a few miles there are:

A). admiring a nice ride or occupant

or

B). Running your plates to check for warrants, etc.

Good luck in all this fellow VHO'er...

:flag:

What is that a plate bracket or something?

Sorry to hear this Jon, I was constantly getting harassed by a Rookie Ventura County Sheriff when I had my Impala. First time I pulled up in front of my nieghbors house, I pulled up on the wrong side of the street, blocking his driveway. I got out and handed him something he wanted to borrow. I am walking back to my car, open the door and Ventura Co. Sheriff pulls up behind me and says don't move the car. I explained that I just stopped for a sec to drop something off and I live on the next block. He said he didn't care and wouldn't let me leave. He gets his parking ticket book out and starts writing me a parking ticket for parking in the wrong direction. As he is writing it, I am obviously pissed, and he was looking around for street signs to figure out where he is. I asked him if he was lost and tell him the donut shop is down the street. He gives me a pissed off look and hands me the ticket. I pull off quick and park in right in my driveway which was 4 houses down.

Well a few weeks later I am comming home through the canyon and I see a Ventura Co. Sheriff parked on the side of the canyon. I am doing 15 under the speed limit behind a few cars with my windows down. He pulls out after I pass him and he lights me up. I pull over and ask him what the problem is. He said my illegal blue lights. I told him my headlights are not on, what do you mean my lights? He then asks me to roll the window up, I comply and he sees the tint. He goes back to his car and writes me a ticket for the tint and illegal blue lights. When he presents me with the ticket to sign I ask him to explain the vehicle code he wrote me up for on the lights. He says he doesn't remember, I get out of my car and follow him back to his car so he can look it up. He shows me the vehicle code he cited me for and it is completely irrellevant to what he said he is pulling me over for. He continues to search the CA Vehicle code to find the "violation" After he searches for 15 minutes I tell him that if he can not properly citeme for it he needs to take it off the ticket and that he does not have probable cause to stop me. He crosses the light violation off the ticket and leaves me with a tint ticket. I went to the Sheriff's station and file a complaint with the department, they really don't care about it but at least they have to put it on record and if the officer gets numerous complaints they will bring him into question. I talked to my next door nieghbor, who at the time was a Ventura Co Sheriff and ask him about this officer that keeps stopping me. He told me he was a rookie and was a recently promoted meter maid (parking enforcement). He told me not to worry about the tint ticket, and that he would sign it off for me.

IM000354.jpg

IM000355.jpg

these are the "illegal" blue head lights he initially stopped me for...I think it is obvious that he had a personal problem with me and was just out to harass me.

From what I have learned, it is just best to file a report with the department and try to do what you can to prevent getting pulled over. Get your truck to legal specs, and if you keep having a problem with this officer get a lawyer and seek legal action. Take your truck to CHP, have them sign off your tint and exhaust ticket (bring your dB print out) and pay the $10 for each fix-it ticket and take all that into court and get the citations dismissed. At least next time you will know it is harassment for sure, I don't think it is legal to video tape the officer with out their consent so you may want to look into that before you try doing that, but at least you can take it to court and to the department and file harassment charges against the officer.

Edited by bgdsub72 (see edit history)

I just wish the CHP was open on the weekends they are only open 8-5 M-F which doesn't help me much when I am at work at these times :banghead: I am trying to see if I can get a local glendora officer down here who one of the guys knows to have him sign it off.

EDIT: I would think they could still get you for that plate because it's modified and i'm sure there is some stupid law about it not being visible enough and or it being too low to the ground. :dunno:

I just wish the CHP was open on the weekends they are only open 8-5 M-F which doesn't help me much when I am at work at these times :banghead: I am trying to see if I can get a local glendora officer down here who one of the guys knows to have him sign it off.

EDIT: I would think they could still get you for that plate because it's modified and i'm sure there is some stupid law about it not being visible enough and or it being too low to the ground. :dunno:

I think they changed the law now. You need to take it to a CHP office because all fix it tickets require the office stamp. This prevents forgery and keeps those people who have officers as friends from signing them off for them.